Valued Contributor

Re: GA Peanuts are in! I'm having a peanut boiling frenzy!

The mountains of NC are scattered with road side stands selling  produce and almost always boiled peanuts.   A bit messy but so darned good.  I think they taste like crowder peas.

Honored Contributor

I've never had boiled peanuts. We used to have a vendor in nearby Cowtown who would fresh roast peanuts every Tuesday and I'd go through a one-pound bag in one sitting as the fresh, still warm, roasted peanuts are fantastic. He'd have four or five fifty-pound burlap sacks of raw peanuts that he'd roast each Tuesday and when they were gone, they were gone. He never had to deal with leftovers.

Now I get the Happy Belly roasted peanuts from Amazon and they're very, very good. In fact, all of the Happy Belly stuff that I've tried from Amazon has been good. I've got two more bags of the Happy Belly peanuts coming today. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

I remember one of the old Bob Warden pressure cookbooks 

having a recipe for Boiled Peanuts made in the PC 

Valued Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

LOVES me some boiled peanuts!

Got 1/4 bushel at Kroger for $11.99 last week, then they sold out, but back this week at the same price.

They're from hardyfarmspeanuts.com in Hawkinsville, GA, (I'm in Savannah), if you don't have a Kroger near you.

They're very full peanuts and cook up wonderfully!

Yum, Yum, Cookin' Me Some(more), LOL!

I do remember Bob Warden having the PCooker recipe for these in

one of his Famous Slow Food Fast, or the other one.

HTH out Somebody!   Monke~