Honored Contributor

GA Peanuts are in! I'm having a peanut boiling frenzy!

[ Edited ]

LOVES me some boiled peanuts!

Got 1/4 bushel at Kroger for $11.99 last week, then they sold out, but back this week at the same price.

They're from hardyfarmspeanuts.com in Hawkinsville, GA, (I'm in Savannah), if you don't have a Kroger near you.

They're very full peanuts and cook up wonderfully!

Yum, Yum, Cookin' Me Some(more), LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Re: GA Peanuts are in! I'm having a peanut boiling frenzy!

@KingstonsMom   Mmmmm, yummy!

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Super Contributor

I love peanuts but never heard or tried boiled peanuts. Are they boiled in the shell? What do you do with them when they are done? 

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom 

Num, Num, love boiled peanuts 🥜🥜🥜

Jump in my mouth!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe 

Open wide!!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom   I haven't had any boiled peanuts since I moved from Savannah to North GA a few years ago. I used to buy them already boiled from Davis produce on Wilmington Island along with white acre peas and tomatoes. I sure do miss living on the coast especially those good Tybee shrimp. Enjoy those peanuts!

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom Love fresh peanuts.

When do the peaches get ready? The best peach I ever ate was a Georgia peach brought in by truck to a local fruit market we visited while traveling. We had left, gone down the highway several miles, and I tasted one. We threatened to turn around and go back for more. They were large, plump, sweet peaches. I have never seen them again. Maybe they just don't get sent to the Southwest.

Honored Contributor

@MildredM wrote:

I love peanuts but never heard or tried boiled peanuts. Are they boiled in the shell? What do you do with them when they are done? 

@MildredM 

Yes, they're raw peanuts that you boil in the shell with salt or other spices such as cajun, Old Bay,  or whatever spices you prefer (I'm a sea salt girl).

Once they're done, you have a delicious soft peanut, Southern caviar, LOL!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A lady I worked with used to bring these in the spring for an office snack.  She said they take all day to cook.  She used 1 gallon of water and 1/2 cup salt for every pound of raw peanuts.  Bring everything to a boil in a big pot, then cover and simmer on low for 6 hours.  Let cool off heat for 2 hours.  Drain and eat.  

Honored Contributor

I had not heard of boiled peanuts until a few years ago.

Then visiting a relative in Georgia, I ate some. I was hooked.

And eveytime he comes to visit, I boils a batch of peanuts for me.