Honored Contributor

Fun Show - Food Factory (National Geographic Channel)

[ Edited ]

Rainy day nothing on and came across the "food factory" marathon.

What a good show its amazing how many products are actually still "handmade".  They had the cake maker who supplies WM (I've seen this name in there) -- black forest cake the finishing touches are done by hand before frozen (or chilled).

I'm learning about lots of food processing of items I "sometimes" buy.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fun Show - Food Factory (National Geographic Channel)

@homedecor1 

I never get tired of watching this...even if I've seen the episode before.

Fascinating and fun...but I find myself getting hungry.

It's amazing the level of detail they provide.  I would love to take walking tours of these factories!

Free samples at the end Cat LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 - I love all "making of" shows like this, and the ones associated with food products are typically fantastic—but the people who do the voiceover work on "Food Factory" drive me bonkers! Their scripting is also subpar (though it is amusing to hear the Canadian-ness inherent in much of what they do). I first discovered this show when NatGeo had a marathon like this a few months ago and set my DVR to record all the episodes, thinking they'd be light and fun entertainment for dreary days, but after three episodes I deleted them all.

I'm glad you're enjoying them, though! Didn't mean to rain on your parade...  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@loriqvc 

Oh, I agree with you about the duo that narrates.  Today, I was yelling at the TV for them to shut up, and then I felt bad.  Cat LOL

Figured they are just doing their jobs, but....seriously, do they have to be so utterly goofy?  It adds nothing!

Nevertheless, I love the show.

Unwrapped is another I enjoy, but I hardly see it anymore.

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc 

honestly, I'm a terrible tv watcher any show (I can't just sit) ... I'm usually doing something else so I'm concentrating on that.  Today, I was making potato salad and tomato tarts.  I didn't even realize the voice -- was just glancing over & watching the different steps each product takes.

After 4-5 episodes I turned it off and put my music on ...I need major motivation to get things accomplished today😉🤷‍♀️⛈

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 

@Witchy Woman 

@loriqvc 

I just watched this today for the 1st time....it was fascinating. BUT made me die for something to eat - my husband said the same thing..."NOW I NEED SWEETS - STAT!"