Honored Contributor

Re: Fudge recipe sister like to have

@Sooner  bless your heart !  I bought all that flour up in Ind here couple of weeks ago and just wonder if our church will even have a Thanksgiving

get together this yr. at all. People take zip lock bags home full of them and now this yr. I doubt if we'll even have a meal.

Buffets are thing of the past now you know. We don't know what's gonna come down the pike this yr. I never had a flu shot in my life, but, when I went to get my prescriptions refilled this yr. I went ahead and got flu and pneumonia both , one in each arm. Had blood test week before I'm plugged all over. LOL

That new pill I'm taking for high cholesterol (236) is a game changer after a yr. on it it's down to 160 ! I don't have to give up my butter and don't have to go that route of Butter Buds and all that c*ap. I can eat my hot rolls with real butter now. She said I was in good shape for a old chick LOL 

If you lived near me we would get together and eat those rolls. Butter !

Honored Contributor

@SharkE If I lived near you we would both be in deep trouble by now.  One way or the other, we'd get there I feel sure.

Those rolls are heavenly and I need to make another batch.  My husband, the pie maker, made an apple pie today in his new cast iron Lodge pan I bought him.  It looks like a really great pan!  They have a new line of bakeware!

See what I mean about being in trouble?  Woman Very Happy

I think the day will come when things will be certainly more normal.  I hope so, and I do believe it!  Until that time, we'll make do-because that is just what we do!  Your church is lucky to have you!  Especially with a half ton of White Lily!

Honored Contributor

yeah, girl, I can't say anything in here, but, let's say I went back LOL

Good thing we have a van, when I left Ind I had a shrub in a pot that you can't get down  here called 'golden  mop' and 17/ 5 lb bags of all purpose and bread flour.   10 jars of Big B BBQ ,also.   It's made there in Evansville

Clothes from the Mall. sold off some jewelry (silver) while I  was up there that paid for my Macy's  haul. LOL I had rented a car for him ,so,I could have the  day to myself and cast my cares away.

animated-smileys-vehicles-031.gif   fun while it lasted !

Honored Contributor

have to check out that Lodge stuff by the way. cast iron is great, but, I don't  want to have to baby nothing. don't have time .

Honored Contributor

My husband went to Houston on a business trip once and asked if I wanted to go.  Nope I said, no interest.

Then he comes home with the details and he was staying at the Westin at the Houston Galleria.  Suddenly I felt compelled to go!  

They put me in a room on the pool deck and I was the ONLY one at the pool that week, with the Galleria outside the lobby downstairs.

Shop?  Yes.  For a week!  LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

Go girl !   We have to do it for ourselves !