Honored Contributor

Re: Fruit and veggie smoothies

I’m crazy about smoothies. I need to pick up some things for my veggie smoothies. I’m in love with my Vitamix. I also bought a Nutribullet but I haven’t used it yet. I’m just holding on to it for travel use. I just keep trying new things in the Vitamix. Baby spinach, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, orange bell pepper, baby carrots, celery, scallions, onions, tomatoes, lemon juice, garlic, dash or tabasco or Worcestershire, cukes, oranges, mandarins, apples, blueberries, strawberries, mangos, avocados, walnuts, peaches....all good and in every combination. I haven’t added pineapple yet and I’m not using bananas right now, (but did in the past),  because for some reason they seem to cause reflux and irritation in my stomach. Yogurt, almond milk, soy milk, half and half, cream, milk, ice, water are all great when added in. My problem is that I want to fill my cup which is 16 ounces. When I calculate my calories on My Fitness Pal these drinks really add up. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mary Bailey---freeze them before they go bad !!! I freeze the prepared veggies all the time--spinach, kale, beets,  any of them--- as well as avocados too. Make sure they are dry, spread them out on a cookie sheet and put them in the freezer then pack them in zip top bags---so easy 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D 

I had never heard of it either. I have never used it either. I don't find the need to add sugar to my smoothies. I just add some pineapple or banana.

Respected Contributor

I like to freeze strawberries, and add them to almond milk. I use my blender. Low calorie and delicious.

Some times I also add blue berries.

Trusted Contributor

Frozen mnango and banana make smoothies nice and creamy!  

My favorite now is mango, blueberry, goji berries, kale and coconut water.  Then add in some maca powder.