Valued Contributor

Re: Frozen, Fully Cooked Hamburger Patties. What brand is the best?

I like Quick'N Eat Fully Cooked Choice Angus Patties-12ct, sold at Costco and Sam's and I am sure other places.

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Super Contributor

Trade in hubby, unless you've spent a number of years training him. (Takes too long to train a new one). If he can't cook a burger, you haven't spent enough time in training. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I generally grind my own beef for burgers. Since I get 'em free, though I do eat Bubba Burgers.

Guiltless Gourmet Veggie Burgers are fully cooked. You just wrap in paper towel & nuke for 45 seconds. (I then toss into a a screaming hot cast iron skillet for 30 seconds on each side to give a nice finish, but it's not necessary).

These veggie burgers are very good, especially the mushroom & California. These are NOT like the veggie burgers you find in the supermarket. They actually have REAL texture and REAL flavor. Married for 52 years to a beef lover, and even he liked them. DH buys them for his vegetarian daughter, but he likes them also. If anyone EVER tried to tell me that I would ever eat a veggie burger, I would have told they they were nuts. I don't happen to like mushrooms, but these aren't 'mushroom-y'.

Fed to DH for over a month before I ever told him they were veggie burgers. Said he couldn't figure out what was different; he liked them, but just thought maybe I seasoned his 'burgers' differently.

I keep them and often make for breakfast so I get my protein in the AM. I used to buy from a restaurant supply house in VA, but currently, Q has a better price.

Esteemed Contributor

Making a hamburger patty from fresh ground beef is so easy and inexpensive I would avoid the overpriced precooked boxed versions. As others have suggested you can make your own patties for freezing. Depending on how one likes their burgers cooked it takes 5-minutes to make a burger in a pan on the stove. You've got to wipe surfaces and clean up whether you cook in the microwave or stovetop.

Regular Contributor

On 5/24/2014 Chicagoan said:

I like Quick'N Eat Fully Cooked Choice Angus Patties-12ct, sold at Costco and Sam's and I am sure other places.

I don't still have the box, but I think this is the one I recently tried from SAMs. If so, they are charcoal cooked and are great! The ones I got cooking on stove top directions said to add water to the pan. I thought how strange, however water was needed because this Angus meat truly didn't have much fat, it wasn't dry meat just not fatty. No mystery meat either, no little odd grisles or other mystery thingies either. Smelled good while heating up in the pan, good enough for a fast burger or as meat patty with veggies or baked potato. The patties were well packaged in a zip lock bag inside the box
Trusted Contributor

When I can find it, I buy the Laura's Lean hamburger patties. I usually get them at Target.

Esteemed Contributor

I will eat the Ball Park ones but not heated in the microwave. I have to fry or grill them quickly.

Trusted Contributor

I like the Ball Park brand the best, I don't microwave them I put them in a frying pan with a little olive oil and brown them and they come out tasting great. Some of the frozen brands are really greasy like the ones you get in bulk at Costco or the store, these are not. I make them for my family all the time.

Honored Contributor

I buy the Ball Park brand. They are flame grilled, but I buy the turkey ones. High protein meat patty, with a little pepper and mustard. I only use these as a quick high protein snack. I use fresh ground beef to cook with or for burgers.
Respected Contributor

On 5/24/2014 lovesrecess said:

I would avoid mystery meat patties and buy the best ground beef you can afford and make your own patties.....you can freeze them between pieces of wax or parchment paper....

Exactly! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} I once read the "ingredients" label on a box of pre-made burgers. Sure, it was technically "100% beef," but included beef hearts and other parts. {#emotions_dlg.scared} No thanks!

I get grass-fed Australian ground beef with no hormones or any other junk in them when it's on sale, form my own burgers, and freeze them - they cook up quickly, even from frozen, and I know what I'm eating.

Respected Contributor

On 5/24/2014 Barbarainnc said:

My hubby likes that he can just heat them in the microwave for a minute or two and not have to mess with frying it.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I didn't know such a thing existed. My hubby can't boil water, it'd probably be great for him.
~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*