Esteemed Contributor

Friends/Neighbor Worth Their Weight in Gold

A friend called this morning and said "I am bringing you lunch."  (I had a TKR 5 days ago).  She is bringing ham and scalloped potatoes.

My neighbor 3 houses down called Friday and said she was making us dinner on Sunday night.  She is a nurse and works 12 hr. shifts. Sunday is her day off.  She is making stuffed shells and meatballs. 

You can't beat people like them. Two of the nicest women in the world. I really appreciate what they are doing.

There are so many depressing stories these days I wanted to acknowledge the nice things people do for one another.

Regular Contributor

Re: Friends/Neighbor Worth Their Weight in Gold

I agree that wonderful neighbors like yours are worth their weight in gold! I too have thoughtful, kind neighbors. Last week we were having strong snow squalls and our next door neighbor stopped to say she was going to the grocery store and could she get us anything. Her boyfriend shovels our sidewalk all winter and refuses to take anything for it. I kept them supplied with fresh tomatoes from my garden this summer. It's nice to know there are still good people around...marmot 

Esteemed Contributor

How nice for you.  Wonderful people are just plain wonderful.

Honored Contributor

How lovely!Smiley Happy

May I bring dessert?

See the source image

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG  Oh my, that looks great.  I'll be sure the coffee is on for us when you arrive.