Trusted Contributor

Re: Fresh 🥕 cake with cream cheese icing 🎂 cake

OMG this cake is a BEAUTY!!

Honored Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ 

I've made pavlova with berries with "some" success.  Not good at getting the meringue "peaks" perfected ...but it's yummy!  I'm sure your friend will love it!!!

I've done it with lemon curd and berries -- fill it right before I've served it.  I also only do individual servings using Ina Gartens recipe.

Merinque is tricky here (FL) I don't know if it's the humidity in the air from a/c🤷‍♀️🤔

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

• That cake looks spectacular. Carrot cake is one of my favorites and the chocolate is to. GreatGreat job home decor1.
Honored Contributor

Thank you everyone for your kind comments.  I just call from friend & girls who enjoyed with her -- guess whose making carrot cake for next 2 bdays?  Me!!!

@Kachina624 

Thank you and others for asking about my spouse.  I thought I posted on original thread -- anyway ended up "fighting" to get him to go to doctors & finally got appointment  but not for another week.

Then finally convinced him to go to ER as his pulmonary doctor was working in our local hospital (per his staff).

Well, he has pneumonia ☹️.  Was tested for COVID prior to treating him - he is negative but pretty sick.  Gave option which his pulmonary didn't recommend be admitted or go home.

With higher infection rate and sick people in hospital we chose to come home.  He is finally being a good patient 

🙂🙂

Thank you again for your concern.   Homedecor1

Honored Contributor

What a beautiful cake and how sweet of you to make it for your friend!

Honored Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

This beautiful cake looks delicious!😍 I LOVE cream cheese anything, and will walk over cut glass in my bare feet, during a snowstorm for Lindor truffles.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles 

Where I work there is a Lindt Outlet!  An entire store with nothing but Lindt from wall to wall!!!!Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@SandySparkles wrote:

This beautiful cake looks delicious!😍 I LOVE cream cheese anything, and will walk over cut glass in my bare feet, during a snowstorm for Lindor truffles.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles 

Where I work there is a Lindt Outlet!  An entire store with nothing but Lindt from wall to wall!!!!Smiley Happy

@ECBG  I am gassing up the car now.😂😂

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@LizzieInSRQ 

I've made pavlova with berries with "some" success.  Not good at getting the meringue "peaks" perfected ...but it's yummy!  I'm sure your friend will love it!!!

I've done it with lemon curd and berries -- fill it right before I've served it.  I also only do individual servings using Ina Gartens recipe.

Merinque is tricky here (FL) I don't know if it's the humidity in the air from a/c🤷‍♀️🤔

It was tasty but I couldn't get the peaks as you said. I was so afraid of over whipping them dry. 

Yup I live in Sarasota Florida...so humidity is low right now. 

I must've read 11 recipes. Im surprised how the egg count was different for those saying 12 servings...3, 4, 6 ugh. 

Oh well, not bad for my first! Gonna see if I can make a sugar free/substitute one next! 

Frequent Contributor

Looks beautiful and professional!

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 

My DH's favorite cake!  Yours is super attractive - lovely job.  Enjoy!