Honored Contributor

I feel so sorry for the really older people in my church. They have been shut ins for 4 months. I think that's cruel. Their kids bring groceries to them and this one guy got mad at his mother for  whining to go to salon to  get hair cut and he got pair of scissors,  told  her to go on front  porch and he hacked it off himself.

I have to get out or  I'd go nuttier then I am.

Be smart don't do beach parties, concerts, go to rallies, just have common sense , but, you don't have to be a monk

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Bought half a box Mon. here in  my part of Tx. we get them from Colorado

world of difference between those ol' store bought things and fresh peaches. Well, worth the price and will only be around for couple of weeks

Made 2 qts. of peach ice cream

Enjoy !

@SharkE I would think Texas' heat would be perfect for growing peaches?  Enjoy!

Valued Contributor

@SharkE 

would you share the name of the company in Colorado you ordered from?

most of the Colorado peach crop was destroyed by freezing temps and ice 

thanks

Honored Contributor

Didn't order them.  The people that pick them have a tent around the town in Amarillo. I got mine from the parking lot  in front  of Coulter Nursery.

(sells trees and such) on Coulter St. Amarillo, Tx

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

Bought half a box Mon. here in  my part of Tx. we get them from Colorado

world of difference between those ol' store bought things and fresh peaches. Well, worth the price and will only be around for couple of weeks

Made 2 qts. of peach ice cream

Enjoy !

@SharkE I would think Texas' heat would be perfect for growing peaches?  Enjoy!

Yeah, girl,  me too. I can't find strawberries to save my soul.

Peaches and cherries are sold by the Colorado vendors who go

get them and then sell here.  All I can find are tomatoes that are grown in water, that Hypo whatever you call it.

Will have corn coming in by end of month.

Up in Ind. it was lot nicer if they didn't get drowned  out by the never ending  rain. LOL Can't seem to  win.  GA. I  would think be good for peaches and Vidalia onions.

Colorado and Amarillo, Tx area both had late freeze this yr. My husband lost his tomato plants he even picked up the buckets and

put in garage they still died. Bought all new ones and I bought him

some nutrient spray from HSN to spray on them seemed to be good stuff. Called micro nutrient vitamins something like that.  This part of Tx is  just all  about MEAT,cows,  cows,cows.  Meat is  tough but, i got pressure cookers thank the almighty.  LOL

I got plenty of jack rabbits I can't have  any nice shrubs. Saw something called Desert Willow in front of Loew's MOn. Yep, I found them in a nursery, but, knew in a minute jacks would get them, so, not paying 60 per plant for the jacks a fine meal. Just stick with junipers, yews and pine shrubbery. all I can have. Out in the country suburbs, jacks have taken over.

Honored Contributor

YUM!!! Love fresh peaches. We bought a case of Porter, Ok peaches on July 3rd.

Cunningham's will be here next month with Colorado peaches. They will only be making one stop this year because of the freeze they had. I will have to buy 2 cases.

Honored Contributor

Re: Fresh Peaches are in

[ Edited ]

@SharkE 

Cunningham's from Colorado will be there Aug 3rd at the Church of Christ at the Colonies from 7-3 or sell-out. They are only making 1 stop to each location this year due to loss from freeze. Enjoy!!!

If you want to share your peach ice cream recipe please post if not that's ok. Looks really good.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

There are no peaches as good as Colorado peaches.  I have no idea where to buy them here.

@Kachina624 

I don't think you are in Ok or Tx but if you are you can look up the truck schedule for Cunningham Peaches from Colorado online.

Just Goolgle where you live plus peaches to see what comes up. That's how I find them around here.

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@SharkE : Yikes- understand because I have sensitive teeth. Any other great adventures? 😀😀Southern Bee

@SouthernBee @SharkE 

I also have sensitive teeth. I just started using Dr. Bronners toothpaste which I did not like at first but really like now but can't eat fruit. I had to go back to Colgate sensitive so I could eat all these peaches. LOL!!!

I'm going to try using each one every other day or use one morning & one at night to see what happens. It won't take long to find out that's for sure.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@SharkE 

Cunningham's from Colorado will be there Aug 3rd at the Church of Christ at the Colonies from 7-3 or sell-out. They are only making 1 stop to each location this year due to loss from freeze. Enjoy!!!

If you want to share your peach ice cream recipe please post if not that's ok. Looks really good.

Yeah,I will ,  I'll go look  for it. A gal  from church wanted it too. LOL

I feed the world hahahhaa