Honored Contributor

Fresh Market had a small deal on their quiche today.  I got 2 spinach and quiche, froze one cooked the other, (8 slices equals less than 300 calories for 1 serving).

Wonderful!

Honored Contributor

It's not really quiche without crust.  It's just scrambled eggs in a molded shape Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Fresh Market Quiche

[ Edited ]

@rms1954 

@ECBG

When  there is no crust, quiche becomes a frittata.

I make them often. 

To me, the crust is a starchy and not-very-flavorful add-on. Not to mention just another step in preparation--so I do without.

Have saved countless recipes for various egg/cheese/veggie quiches and frittatas, and we love them.

I also would never turn down a good quiche made by someone else, so thanks for posting about it.

Respected Contributor

There used to be a Fresh Market in my area.  I had to travel to get there, but I always enjoyed shopping there.  

It closed several years ago.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Trusted Contributor

@ECBG thanks for sharing,  love quiche!

I've made both a crustless quiche and fritatta.  To me, they're different.  The quiche is always more fluffier.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Knit-Chick 

Interesting comment about fluffiness.

Any egg dish such as quiche or frittata  seems to depend on what you use to mix up the egg. 

Using half-and-half or  whipping cream --instead of just milk--and how thoroughly and vigorously the eggs are blended makes the  fluffy difference, in my experience.

In fact, if you just want fluffier  scrambled eggs for breakfast, don't use milk.  Use half-and-half instead.  Huge difference!

I got this hint a long time ago from Cook's Country (or maybe it was Cooks Illustrated) magazine.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG   From your posts I see that you love Fresh Market as much as I do.  We recently got a huge new Whole Foods less than a mile from Fresh Market.  (Apparently 2 Whole Foods stores in the same town 15 minutes away weren't enough.)  Fingers crossed that FM will be able to stay in business.  So far so good.