Honored Contributor

Re: Freezers coming out in August

Just came from Lowe's. Had to order a small chest freezer for my garage. It won't come in until Aug 20th. Associate said that the parts coming from other countries is the hold up. Their companies are only running at 10-15%, hence the delay.

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

I was in Walmart yesterday and they had chest freezers in the store for sell.

Honored Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

Wayfair has chest freezers.

Have you looked at the prices on Wayfair?? They are twice as much as the big box stores. I don't need one that bad. I'm willing to wait till August for the minuscule price I paid when I ordered mine. Woman Surprised

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

@ID2 I did not check the prices, I was just posting that Wayfair has them. I have a chest freezer so I am not in the market to buy one. I do know price is subjective, what one person thinks is expensive and out of their budget, another person may find it perfect for them.

Esteemed Contributor

I took a quick look at Wayfair. Some of their freezers are commercial quality. They have some of the same brand names as HD had. Back when HD had them in stock. 

Small dorm style freezers, built for specialized use can carry a hefty price tag. You're paying for design features scaled to a small unit and a small product run.

Respected Contributor

@Razzy 7 wrote:

Carmie, since you have both chests and an upright, how about sharing what you see as the advantages and disadvantages of each style.

@Razzy 7  I have a very large upright since I can't use a chest. It has a digital temperature control and notice on the outside of the door. It also has an alarm to alert you if you do not shut the door properly.

Respected Contributor

update no freezers til end of august so went to lowes said  maybe side by side I don't care, he had 1 black side by side ok let's get it delivered even tho it has ice maker who cares no water line, so happy with the fast delivery wanted a freezer but have the fridge too, great for water bottles, sodas & beer maybe it was a better choice, have tons of freezer space also. Just 2 of us and maybe good to have both fridge & freezer with the side by side.