Honored Contributor

For those that make a large batch of Chicken Alfredo...

What type of tongs/spoon/serving tool do you use at the table? The tongs I have are slotted so the sauce goes through it, a large spoon isn't sturdy enough...what do you use? TIA

Respected Contributor

Re: For those that make a large batch of Chicken Alfredo...

Near me is a store called Gordon Food Service....they sell to restaurants, and people who are going to put on large picnics/parties often get food and supplies there.  I bought several large steel serving spoons there to use at my children’s graduation parties.  Still use one, some 20 years later.  I would check a store like that.  They were inexpensive, but are extremely sturdy, and are my go-to for serving.   Good luck!

Regular Contributor

I love using tongs, large ones, if your alfredo sauce is nice and thick, you can pick up one big serving and then as you put it on the plate twist or curl when you let go it makes a nice presentation, topped with a little Italian parsley 

Esteemed Contributor

@SahmIam I love using large long-handled spoons. I get them from a restaurant supply store near me, but you can get them from Amazon. The come in slotted or non-slotted and are not expensive. I have invested in more than I would normally need because when you are preparing for a crowd, you just need more spoons!

Honored Contributor

I am an estate auction goer and occasionally buy a drawer full of utinsels.  Recently I got one of those plastic claw type thingies for spaghetti.  After all these years I finally tried one of these, I never would have bought it from a store..  It works really great and I think it would work for any Alfredo dish.  

Respected Contributor

I use a large salad fork and spoon and together they work great and then if you want more sauce just use the spoon. They are heavy duty ones.

Esteemed Contributor

I use Wolfgang Puck large long handled serving spoons.  They work perfectly.

Honored Contributor

I put the pasta in the bowl and then add the sauce separately.  

I know you're not supposed to do it that way but it's the way I do it!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@SahmIam - If you don't want to get larger solid tongs, I recommend the method described by @Kitlynn with a serving fork and spoon. I went looking for an image to demonstrate the approach and found a great one from the Blue Jean Chef's site:

Servers lifting fettuccine alfredo out of a stainless steel skillet.

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@SahmIam - If you don't want to get larger solid tongs, I recommend the method described by @Kitlynn with a serving fork and spoon. I went looking for an image to demonstrate the approach and found a great one from the Blue Jean Chef's site:

Servers lifting fettuccine alfredo out of a stainless steel skillet.

This is how I do it.  If there's chicken in the mix you simply use the fork or spoon to place it on top of your pasta after you have put the pasta on your plate.