Honored Contributor

For those that love cookie butter, a recipe for you

[ Edited ]

I just ran across this recipe on my way to looking up something else.  I know there are a lot of cookie butter fans on these boards so I thought I would post it:

Cookie Butter Lava Cake

You already love lava cakes. With this sweet, spiced version, life is about to get sooo good.

INGREDIENTS:

cups powdered sugar
cup cookie butter
eggs
1/4 cup water

DIRECTIONS:

• Preheat oven to 425ºF.
  • In a stand mixer, beat 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar and cookie butter until smooth.
  • Add eggs one at a time, beating until smooth and creamy. Add water and mix until fully combined.
  • Spoon batter evenly into four 6-oz. ramekins (which have been lightly coated with nonstick cooking spray).
  • Bake for 12-15 minutes, or just until the edges have set and the centers are soft (but not jiggly). Dust with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.

http://www.tablespoon.com/recipes/cookie-butter-lava-cake/3184035e-74a1-430a-86ea-5a1168315817?utm_s...

Respected Contributor

Re: For those that love cookie butter, a recipe for you

Yum!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@momtochloe   What is cookie butter?  Thanks!

Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make yours brighter.
Honored Contributor

@3cupcakes wrote:

@momtochloe   What is cookie butter?  Thanks!

@3cupcakes if you live near a Trader Joe's they have a product(s) called Cookie Butter which is kind of hard to describe beyond cookie dough batter meets peanut butter consistency and the result is a huge yum!

There are also some Aldi's that carry it as well or you can search for a product called speculoos.  Also, here is a recipe I found for it:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/07/cookie-butter-recipe_n_2631756.html

Valued Contributor

@momtochloe  Oh, my......this looks delicious!  I think there is a ride to Trader Joe's in the near future for me.  🙂  Thanks so much for explaining & also the recipe! 

Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make yours brighter.
Honored Contributor

Save this for next fall! I am hoping that Trader Joe's brings back their Pumpkin Spice Speculoos Cookie Butter. I got one jar last October and think I might have to go back for a case this year.

Honored Contributor

@3cupcakes wrote:

@momtochloe  Oh, my......this looks delicious!  I think there is a ride to Trader Joe's in the near future for me.  🙂  Thanks so much for explaining & also the recipe! 

Their cookie butter is beyond description and I added the (s) because they do have different varieties throughout the year . . . year round yum!  Smiley Happy

I hope you enjoy this @3cupcakes!

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

Save this for next fall! I am hoping that Trader Joe's brings back their Pumpkin Spice Speculoos Cookie Butter. I got one jar last October and think I might have to go back for a case this year.

It's always good to call ahead to make sure your order is placed as that cookie butter is the bomb! . . . Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

What type of products is this product next to?  I get really lost when I am at TJ's and they are always so busy.

Honored Contributor

@BaileyBop wrote:

What type of products is this product next to?  I get really lost when I am at TJ's and they are always so busy.

@BaileyBop I believe the cookie butter is very close to the peanut butter and jams/jellies section but if I am wrong I would appreciate it if someone would correct me or please ask for assistance as their employees couldn't be nicer if they tried and would be more than happy to help you locate this . . . Smiley Happy