Honored Contributor

For The Tea Lovers! A Suggestion.

For the tea lovers out there, I am here to report that I have tried the Taylor's of Harrogate Yorkshire Tea in the red box and found it is very very good for a plain cup of good tea.  It has some body but I don't find it bitter.

I hadn't tried it in years, so just got some from Amazon and you can't beat the price.  I got the string and tag version, 100 bags for $3.99, free shipping for Prime. Can't beat that!

I also got a really cute tin of Yorkshire Gold, which I also like a lot, for $7.72 for 80 of the non-string tea bags, free shipping for Prime.  

They have Bewley's Irish tea and some is in cute tins at good prices, along with decaf versions of Taylors and Bewleys!  So go forth, shop and drink!  Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: For The Tea Lovers! A Suggestion.

Also forgot to add check out Bewleys Irish Imports websites and facebook page.  I have ordered from them and English Tea Store with great success.  But got free gifts and sweet handwritten cards and notes in the orders from the Bewley's Irish Import folks!  Woman Very Happy

Valued Contributor

What a great idea. I only drink tea and have since my Grandmother gave me my first cup

65 years ago. I still have the original cup and saucer . I drink mostly iced tea (Lipton & Tetley ) and the price is much higher( $6.50 tor Lipton and $5.50 for Tetley ).I make my own iced tea in 1/2 gal. 

@Sooner ......I bought 5 boxes......Thanks for the heads up ! 

Trusted Contributor

@Sooner I discovered Yorkshire teas, both the red and gold last year.  I enjoy both of them.  

I was able to buy them at World Market.  I got the nice tin with the Yorkshire gold.  

I have since reordered them from Amazon when I ran out since World Market is not close to me.

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Honored Contributor

@Danky2 Great and I hope you like it.  I love your story and how lucky to have the cup and saucer!  

I grew up on iced tea.  And I'm your "vintage."  We had a beat up little aluminum tea pot and made Lipton tea.  If we ran out of tea we went to the store up the hill and got some.  We didn't eat lunch without tea!  

Honored Contributor

@newjerseygirl  We have cloth napkins we use all the time from World Market and have had mince pies (tiny ones) from there too!  And those teas are so good!  

The napkins started out navy and have been bleached to a ugly puce color but we still use them for casual just-up eating in front of the tv.  And they get washed and washed and washed!

Valued Contributor

@Sooner ----- I am always taken aback by how people do the same thing.

Fifty years ago (or more) I bought a ton of cloth napkins from Saks for everyday. The children used them growing up with their plastic theme-oriented place mats (which I still have) . They have been washed so many times that the ones with flowers have faded and they 

have begun to unravel around the edges. I use them all the time . When I have company, I bring out the "good" napkins which are at least 25 yrs old ........all different colors to match the

everyday, better and best china. I honestly thought that no one used cloth but me. I even have cloth for picnics and outdoor use .

Honored Contributor

@Danky2 wrote:

@Sooner ----- I am always taken aback by how people do the same thing.

Fifty years ago (or more) I bought a ton of cloth napkins from Saks for everyday. The children used them growing up with their plastic theme-oriented place mats (which I still have) . They have been washed so many times that the ones with flowers have faded and they 

have begun to unravel around the edges. I use them all the time . When I have company, I bring out the "good" napkins which are at least 25 yrs old ........all different colors to match the

everyday, better and best china. I honestly thought that no one used cloth but me. I even have cloth for picnics and outdoor use .

@Danky2 Must be just us!  I have a linen closet bulging with cloth napkins.  I really should start using the ones "for good" for daily as old as I am!  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

What great prices, @Sooner. I am loaded to the gills with all of my teas right now.  We're visiting family this weekend and I'm planning to bring a good supply along.  

Trusted Contributor

@Sooner @Danky2 

Cloth napkin user here, too!

Fabrics that are a blend and don't need ironing are my favorite!

HAPPY, HEALTHY 2023!

-Solar Smiley Happy