Valued Contributor

Foodies: You Secret Food Shame?

Hi Everyone,

I love to bake and cook, and I've been a pescaterian (the only *meat* I eat is the occasional fish or shellfish)for going on 20 years. I've got loads of cookbooks, many on cooking with whole foods, grains, etc. I've taken vegan and organic cooking classes, love to read everything I can about anything pertaining to food, and my DH and I love to find new, interesting restaurants to try out. That being said, I have my own secret food shame. Stuff I eat on occasion that doesn't seem to "fit" what I usually think my palette would expect or enjoy. OR things I don't admit to eating!

For instance, my DH has been traveling a lot lately and in his absence I have purchased Pizza Hut pizza for the rest of us while he's gone. It's full of grease and god knows what else, but man, my kids and I just scarf it down. Gross!{#emotions_dlg.scared}

I also just ADORE Goetze's Caramel Creams. They may be an east coast thing, but they have been a favorite of mine since I was a child. My local CVS sells them and they're are often on sale. It take all my strength not to buy the entire shelf when I see them.

Swedish Fish. Need I say more? Red Dye. Loads of sugar. Love love love these and cannot, under any circumstances, have these in the house.

These are just a few of my "secrets". What are yours? No, I don't eat any of these things often--especially when I'm keeping a keen eye on the scale--but I do LOVE them.

How about you?????

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}