Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I was just watching this presentation on ITKWD and it struck me that the presentation is not particularly well-rounded.  They show that you can air-crips with the fries (tater tots are better than fried btw), and then the rest of the presentation just shows the grill.  There are other options.  It's a 5-in-1 machine.  There's also bake, roast, and dehydrate.  But, even when they do a dessert, it's grilled pineapple, not a baked goodie.  

I just got one of these machines, so he's not going to sell me on another one, but I like to get ideas from the presentations.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Foodi Grill Presentation

I agree. I've been watching presentations on YouTube. Lots of great tips and recipes. 

Honored Contributor

Yeah, I have a page bookmarked of a bunch of Foodi Grill recipes.  I also found a pot roast on the net although I might try doing it a little differently.  This recipe was for a roast with gravy, so it was cooked in a lot of liquid.  Growing up, Sunday roast was cooked in the oven with no liquid and carrots, onions, and potatoes were roasted with it, so no mashed potatoes to put gravy on.   The one thing I dislike about slow cooker meals is everything tastes the same, and I'm afraid if I put the veggies in with the meat and all that liquid I'll get the same effect.  So, I'm thinking of less liquid and maybe roasting the veggies in tin foil to keep them separate.

Respected Contributor

Yes, this is the most versatile appliance I own (I don't like pressure cooked food so don't need that) - air fry, grill, roast, bake.