Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

FoodSaver Space-Saver Fresh Appliance System

This appliance looks terrific EXCEPT it is $50.99 on Amazon and free shipping if you have Amazon Prime with 2 day delivery. 

Occasional Visitor

Re: FoodSaver Space-Saver Fresh Appliance System

The one on Amazon comes with only 4 bags (2 qt and 2 gal) and does not include the produce trays (at least they are not mentioned in the description). Those trays sell separately on Amazon for 5.99 for a 2 pack. This QVC offer has 15 bags. A 12 pack of gallon sized bags on Amazon is 7.58. So, all in all, the 59.00 is probably worth it. You would, however, save on the shipping on Amazon. Amazon doesn't have easy pay either! 

Frequent Contributor

Re: FoodSaver Space-Saver Fresh Appliance System

Actually, I bought one of the regular Food Savers a long time ago from QVC and used it a lot especially when the summer produce is coming in. But instead of this Appliance System they showed this morning on ITKWD I bought the hand held Food Saver. I love it and find I use it more than the regular Food Saver. I have the bags and the hand held Food Saver all fit in a drawer...nothing on the countertop or to get out of the pantry. I find I don't need all the containers/bags that came with the one this morning...I have one 2.5 qt marinator container that I use a lot and then some 1 qt and 2 qt bags. Frankly, I don't need another thing on the counter. I think you will use the hand held one a lot as with the regular one or the appliance they showed this morning you have to ask yourself...do I really want to get that out if I want to vaccum seal some cheese?