Occasional Contributor
I saw David make a statement that hosts were now allowed to eat the food items they sell. Watched David eat a number of things in ITKWD show. I've watched number of Gourmet Holiday shows and it appears none of the other hosts are eating. What's up?
Honored Contributor

This again?

Esteemed Contributor

At this point, only David is allowed to eat during the presentations of food.

Esteemed Contributor

I prefer the hosts not eat the food and then talk with their mouths full!  Have anyone ever seen a host say they don't like what their tasting?  

Honored Contributor

I hate when people say this, but.... Who cares? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Occasional Contributor
You're right
Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

Have anyone ever seen a host say they don't like what their tasting?  

@mspatmac  YUP!  David.  I posted about this at the time it happened about 1 1/2 yrs ago pre-pandemic.....

Meridith(sp) (I believe that's her name) was making stuffing in some pan or pot they were selling.  As she was stirring, she put a spoonful of stuffing up to David mouth.

David shook his head & stated very quickly "he does not like stuffing."

Meridith(sp), "you don't know what you are missing."

David, "Yes I do." Smiley LOL

Both very quickly went back to the wonders of whatever it was they were gawking.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

I Love David but I don't watch the food shows and quite honestly as soon as a food item comes on I just change the channel.  It is just not something I will ever order and I think hosts eating (not a one of them does it gracefully) is gross to watch.  Not to pick on hosts, watching anyone eat is gross to watch.

Esteemed Contributor

Good for David @Mz iMac.  No happy dance for stuffing LOL

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@mspatmac wrote:

Have anyone ever seen a host say they don't like what their tasting?  

@mspatmac  YUP!  David.  I posted about this at the time it happened about 1 1/2 yrs ago pre-pandemic.....

Meridith(sp) (I believe that's her name) was making stuffing in some pan or pot they were selling.  As she was stirring, she put a spoonful of stuffing up to David mouth.

David shook his head & stated very quickly "he does not like stuffing."

Meridith(sp), "you don't know what you are missing."

David, "Yes I do." Smiley LOL

Both very quickly went back to the wonders of whatever it was they were gawking.

@Mz iMac   But isn't that very different?  David was not selling the stuffing.  David also finally tasted a brussel sprout on air, after saying for years how he hates them.  He hated that one also. Smiley Happy

I think the point is no host will ever say the food they are selling is anything less that fabulous.