Valued Contributor

The food looks terrible lately and portions small with prices not many can afford.  Personally I am not buying a seasoned cook in bag prime rib...cannot be good.  Most of the prepared meals look worse than a frozen TV dinner you can buy in the grocery store for under $5!  Each item on QVC sells for at least $10.00 per portion and what is offered is nothing special...more spaghetti and meatballs?  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Food show prices

[ Edited ]

I suppose food "beauty" is in the eye of the beholder. I have not purchased frozen dinners in many years, but I do not recall them being aesthetically appealing.😁 

I have seen many comments that swear by some of the food offerings, and some that do not. Many customers are willing to pay a premium for having food prepared, and delivered straight to them. I think it is an especially attractive convenience during the pandemic.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Occasional Contributor

I totally agree.

Super Contributor

@Gabidog wrote:

The food looks terrible lately and portions small with prices not many can afford.  Personally I am not buying a seasoned cook in bag prime rib...cannot be good.  Most of the prepared meals look worse than a frozen TV dinner you can buy in the grocery store for under $5!  Each item on QVC sells for at least $10.00 per portion and what is offered is nothing special...more spaghetti and meatballs?  

With a few exceptions I agree with you.  Yes I make a really good cheesecake, but I can't send one to my sister for Christmas half way across the country.  Juniors has never failed me.

I don't order nearly so much as I did 4, 5, 6 years ago.  And I have never ordered anything that came across as a TV dinner.  I think the selection has gone drastically downhill (popcorn) and the prices are in the main outrageous.

I was never disappointed by a Kansas City Steak purchase but they have priced me out of the market.

Honored Contributor

I hate to cook these days as I can't stand long.  That food looks pretty darn good to me, although I rarely buy anything.  The Jimmy the Baker crumb cakes are really good.  I have bought them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I have purchased a few food items and have been happy with the quality. Great convenience to send to elderly parents etc during the shut downs. Please don't assume Most can't afford as many can and do. 

Honored Contributor

Haven't purchased any of the meals, but I think some of the beef like filet mignons (tenderloins) and prime rib roasts look good.  Black Angus is very tasty.

I haven't received one bad dessert or goody.  Everything I'd give a 5 or 10 star rating.  

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I hate to cook these days as I can't stand long.  That food looks pretty darn good to me, although I rarely buy anything.  The Jimmy the Baker crumb cakes are really good.  I have bought them.

@Kachina624  I've tried Jimmy the Baker crumb cakes too and really like them. On a whim tried My Grandma's apple no walnut coffee cake, wow!  I try not to eat carbs but these are on auto delivery ha.  

Respected Contributor

@Gabidog wrote:

@Gabidog  Agree, some of the foods look uncharacteristically unappealing.  Maybe a little refresh is in the works for next year.  

Valued Contributor

Well, I too have purchased a lot of food from QVC and enjoyed much of it.  Rastelli, Kansas City, Anderson Seafood to name a few.  But yesterday there were 6 portions of pasta for $70 and they looked awful.  Maybe they are good but on screen not appealing.   Another item was 18 2oz appetizers for $60.  To me it was overpriced.  To me it looked unappealing.  I never said most cannot afford...I said many cannot.  And I thought QVC exists to bring the best possible items at the best price.  If they are moving away from that sales will go down.