Honored Contributor

Re: Food presenters with gross hands and nails

@Patriot3 wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

Anyone handling food in public food service should have on gloves.

@ECBG  I ssoo agree w/you.  I know, some will say, well this isn't a restaurant.  To me, it doesn't matter, you're still handling food.  I don't watch the food shows much just because of the unsanitary practices on them, especially any that are squishing the food w/their bare hands.  Put some gloves on!!

@Patriot3 I have no idea how we got from the sanatiary demos, but it wasn't a good idea.   I taught Foods and Adv. Foods.

Honored Contributor

The food vendors and hosts are not in "public food service".  

Should anyone doing any kind of close-ups w/food (or anything) have well manicured hands?  Of course.  But they are not in food service.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Problably same reason we see people not washing their hands in restrooms.Especially Men.I have been known to correct people that work in Restaurants wearing their apron in the restroom. I am usually glad I see this after I have been served. Still ,not right !!!Smiley Frustrated

Respected Contributor

@pommom Now we all should make calls to customer service everywhere we see this . Incuding the Q. I did see David do elbow bumb when the demo was over with the girl who sold those hamburg shapers with the bottom press with lids. And he told her why he just elbow bumbed instead of shaking her hand.(RAW MEAT ).On in a million time though..

Respected Contributor

@Re: Food presenters with gross hands and nails

@sashamatthews But it also is my thought when I enter the area that I pick up my prescritions in the store. Do the people in line have an illness I can catch, and the Doctors office. And no I am not a germa phobe !!! Think about it. What we expose our selves to each day , including public restrooms and phones. I have been plenty ill and it 'still scares me to get  very, very sick again.