Occasional Contributor

Re: Food presenters with gross hands and nails

exactly!  So glad I am not the only one!  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Won't watch these food shows.  Why don't they wear gloves?

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Occasional Contributor

I started this topic thinking I might be the only one!  finding out I am not!   I just think if they are handling food and want to sell it to me, then let the food do the talking...don't fondle everything and make me look at your hands...and nails...especially now that we have huge screens and high def! 

Frequent Contributor

I agree as well, nothing against Chef Tony, but he keeps his nails WAYYYYY too long and it is a def turn off 100%!!!

Respected Contributor

One of the grossest things I've seen was Josie Maran (not bashing, I like her) had painted her nails like 5 minutes before she went on air. Then she started with the body butter digging and schmearing.  Totally destroyed the manicure and it looked so dirty, sloppy and unkempt. They don't realize how much detail we can see in HD.

Frequent Contributor

I must agree, all the pressing and squishing of the meat products is disgusting.  The Germack lady always grossed me out with her fingers raking through the product.  And you are going to think I’m crazy, but I HATE the cheesecake and dessert presentations with the fork raking through the icing and filling.  Something about that turns my stomach!  The cookie lady squishing the cookies...yuck.  I’m so glad others identify with that too!  I often wonder when David takes just a bite or sip of something... does he take all that food home that night?  

Trusted Contributor

Would it be a turn-off to you if the guests and hosts wore gloves while presenting food?  That is, would you not buy the product?  That is what the channel is interested in, pure and simple.  The food shows are like salad bars:  approach at your own peril.

Respected Contributor

@Emmie1165 All the wasting of all those spoonfuls gets me crazy. I yell, one spoon to taste is good enough , but no they keep piling it in the bowl. And I also saw way to much double dipping going on. Just gross !!! And everything can't be that great. Oh!! I'm having a moment. Over, and over again. It a piece of cake, etc. Good gravy !! Smiley Indifferent

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Anyone handling food in public food service should have on gloves.

@ECBG  I ssoo agree w/you.  I know, some will say, well this isn't a restaurant.  To me, it doesn't matter, you're still handling food.  I don't watch the food shows much just because of the unsanitary practices on them, especially any that are squishing the food w/their bare hands.  Put some gloves on!!

Honored Contributor

@Doresville , you aren't the only one and I'm surprised that there haven't been a lot of who cares, it's not a restaurant which happens whenever someone brings up the food safety and sanitation topic.