Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: Food presenters with gross hands and nails

@chrystaltree wrote:

Sorry, I would only believe that if I saw it with my own two eyes.  We've heard all types of complaints on this board over the years but I've never anything like this.

Pay attention.  Go online and look at video clips.

Occasional Contributor

trust me!  it is true!  

Regular Contributor

I’ve always thought that those meat presentations were nasty. I understand that some people like their meat rare, but that doesn’t mean every time a vendor is on with meat, they have to squeeze and press on it to show blood running from it. One time Antonella was on with the Kansas City steak vendor(not Greg Shockley...the dark headed guy). He was pressing on a piece of meat and blood juice was running everywhere. She told him to show a piece of meat that had been cooked longer. She went on to say that if she was an at home shopper, she wouldn’t want to see that it was moist just because it looked like that and he was pressing on it. I fell out, lol!! I’ll never forget the look 👀 he gave her. I think about that now every time I see him on presenting something.

I’ve noticed that the last few times that Christie Fletcher has been on with Germack, she hasn’t raked her fingers through the mix as she was describing the flavors. I often wondered if the crew really snacked on that when she finished. 😐😳
Respected Contributor

I have to agree with the smashing down the food being a turn-off. I can see with the meat they are trying to show how juicy & moist it is. What I find annoying is the Cheryl's cookie lady always pressing down & smashing each cookie. 

Respected Contributor

The worst is dirt under the nails. Omg it’ll make me wanna puke. I’ve seen it so many times on air it’s ridiculous. Especially when they’re diggin in those tubs of body lotion. Dirty nails are beyond disgusting. 

Honored Contributor

Anyone handling food in public food service should have on gloves.

Respected Contributor

I agree with the gloves, nails and them wearing band-aid's. Yuck !!Smiley Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

And even when they're selling those containers of nuts w/raisins or cranberries they squeeze those till the guts squish out too. And why do they have to keep slowing pouring container after container after container into bowls when they already have a boat load of bowls filled at the start of the sales spiel.

Respected Contributor

@alarmclock Those acrylic nails can't be sanitary.Grosses me out also.Makes me wonder are we the only ones seeing this mess. Nails clean, and Hair up is my complaint. Wake up people !! Right ?

Occasional Contributor

hahaha  very true!