Occasional Contributor

Food presenters with gross hands and nails

If there is going to be a close up of your hands..either as the presenter or the host; please look at those  hands and nails!   I don't even want some of the food after I see it handled in a close up shot by some people!  I see bad manicures...chipped fingernail polish....cuts on hands...hang nails..the list goes on and on! Why is it necessary to include fingers and hands?  I can tell the consistency of food with applying pressure with a fork or spoon etc.   Today I saw my share of nasty hands on cakes and hamburgers...I am totally grossed out.   If you have to hold the food then wear gloves.   

Spoiler
Spoiler

thank you 

Respected Contributor

Re: Food presenters with gross hands and nails

@Doresville wrote:

If there is going to be a close up of your hands..either as the presenter or the host; please look at those  hands and nails!   I don't even want some of the food after I see it handled in a close up shot by some people!  I see bad manicures...chipped fingernail polish....cuts on hands...hang nails..the list goes on and on! Why is it necessary to include fingers and hands?  I can tell the consistency of food with applying pressure with a fork or spoon etc.   Today I saw my share of nasty hands on cakes and hamburgers...I am totally grossed out.   If you have to hold the food then wear gloves.   

Spoiler
Spoiler

thank you 

I haven't noticed this, but I do see a lot of punching down dough and rolling meat with rings on. Take a look at your rings someday, especially inside GROSS. This is on a lot of cook shows.

Trusted Contributor

Yep, you are right. Also, why do these meat vendors have to squeeze the life out of the meat? We get it, we get it, it is moist! That pork roll this afternoon was gross. The bacon did not even look done.
Respected Contributor

@Jinlei wrote:
Yep, you are right. Also, why do these meat vendors have to squeeze the life out of the meat? We get it, we get it, it is moist! That pork roll this afternoon was gross. The bacon did not even look done.

I can't watch the guy that presents hamburgers.  All those juices running out of the meat look like blood to me. 

Trusted Contributor

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

@Jinlei wrote:

I can't watch the guy that presents hamburgers.  All those juices running out of the meat look like blood to me. 

It IS blood!

Occasional Contributor

i agree! the pork thing with cheese coming out of it was a big turn off!   ewww

Trusted Contributor

The Landies Candies lady always has food under those nasty acrylic nails.

Occasional Contributor

hahahahaha  you are right!   

Honored Contributor

Sorry, I would only believe that if I saw it with my own two eyes.  We've heard all types of complaints on this board over the years but I've never anything like this.

Honored Contributor

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

@Jinlei wrote:

That's because it is blood.