Respected Contributor

Yes, these shows do need a re-do. These hosts have sampled the same food items over and over and act like it was their first time tasting it. So fake. The prices are outrageous also. I guess it would be convenient if you were having a large crowd and can't get to a store.

Contributor
Food shows especially with David and Sharon are automatically ""change the channel"". Can't take David on food shows or Saturday mornings.
Super Contributor

I don't mind David at all, but what I do mind is that they show the same things over and over and over again. There is such a variety of kitchen items, recipe books and food out there...they need to expand their horizens.

Honored Contributor
On 1/12/2015 luvpoos said:

Yes, these shows do need a re-do. These hosts have sampled the same food items over and over and act like it was their first time tasting it. So fake. The prices are outrageous also. I guess it would be convenient if you were having a large crowd and can't get to a store.

I agree. The worse at "eating" are Sharon, Dan Wheeler and David. We need new products, kitchen tips, new vendors. On the Food Fest shows they also need new items and to have the hosts (named above) not talk with their mouth full.

Esteemed Contributor
Yes, they need more variety instead of showing same products over and over, and some of those presentations are too long. I also think the 4-hour shows are too much.
Honored Contributor
On 1/12/2015 Sooner said:

I wish they would let some of the ladies host more often. Mary Beth is great, Jane, and Carolyn, or let Rick host more. I simply can't watch screaming David any more. I used to like him. I used to enjoy the shows but they are so stale now and the shouting and repeating of same phrases, jokes and such simply makes them unwatchable for me.

I agree. The shows are stale and the "happy dance" has run its course. I would like to see Marybeth, Antonella, Carolyn, Rick, Jill and Jane T. do more kitchen/cooking shows. I like David but he is talking too fast and repeating the colors too many times. Rotate hosts or develop some new kitchen shows and not have David on more than 2 or 3 hours at a time. Don't need Mary either.

Honored Contributor
On 1/10/2015 wildcat fan said: All those long shots on the yummy faces definitely need to stop. Courtney will take a bite and then showcase a blank stare wide-eyed straight ahead with a long pause then let out a sigh. Sharon has a seductive expression while David has his yum yum face and happy dance. They don't do those long close ups on Food Network when somebody takes a bite. I agree with radimage about the crumbling of the food. I wonder how many apples that rep from Mrs. Prindables breaks up in a day.

Good points.

Respected Contributor
On 1/10/2015 radimage said:

The constant pinching, squeezing and breaking the food into pieces drives me crazy.

...and that's NOT a long drive.

I could probably walk it.

Me too, and the closeups. I rarely watch the cooking shows.

Regular Contributor

Those of you who are waiting for a host to spit out food and maybe gag missed the boat several years ago. I'll never forget when Bob B. went on his low-fat, low-carb diet and was presenting a deep fryer. As they broke for a commercial he said into a microphone that was a whole lot more alive than he thought "I cant believe they make me sell this artery-clogging sh*t."

Respected Contributor
I'm waiting for a cookbook corner receipe to be sampled with a hair in it!
Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18