Super Contributor

Food Preppers - Talk Me Into Buying The Ninja Multi-Cooker TSV!

I have a weakness for kitchen gadgets and appliances, and this is where I indulge a bit. One thing I do love about my electric appliances (already have a pressure cooker, slow cooker, etc. I don't NEED this lol) is that I cook less on my difficult-to-clean stovetop.

One specific question: Does it really sear, and brown?

If you have the Ninja Multi-cooker, what's your vote, and why? Yay or nay? Thanks for your input and advice! I would get the white. - Bird

Regular Contributor

Re: Food Preppers - Talk Me Into Buying The Ninja Multi-Cooker TSV!

Check out the reviews here and on Amazon.

Respected Contributor

Nay. If you need others to talk you into it, you don't really want it or need it. So, why buy it?

Honored Contributor

On the other hand never gonna get it cheaper then 5 easy pays of 25.99.

Super Contributor

On 3/11/2015 My Thoughts said:

Check out the reviews here and on Amazon.

No, I'd rather have opinions from friends here. I actually purchased one "for me" last time, but no sooner did it arrive, that I gave it unopened as a gift to someone really in need of it.

I work in several kitchens so almost always have room for another appliance! - Bird

Super Contributor

Go to Facebook 3 in 1 Ninja cooking recipes. over 10.000 members, and enough recipes to last a lifetime. This is an amazing appliance.

My DD wanted one, so we both got one with the last TSV. I use it 2-3 times a week. It is much faster than a crock pot, browns meat, grills steaks, bakes, steams, and more.

Many people who travel in RV's are in love with them too.

Honored Contributor

I don't have one, but it want one, because I hate sautéing veggies or meat in one pan and then having to transfer to another pan. Skipping this will be a blessing. I also hate cooking pasta noodles separately from sauces and then draining and then cleaning the pasta pot and the drainer. More step saving shortcuts to help with my fatigue. I don't know if I can pre pan cook the ground beef and veggies and then add the liquid pasta sauce, water and pasta noodles, or not. If I can, this will be so much less energy zapping for me. I am not sure if I can both steam bake and dry bake , but I would love to have both features. I also don't know if I can steam veggies longer than only one time setting, because I need them softer; hope that is an option-I don't like hard cauliflower, celery, broccoli or carrots.

Super Contributor

Thanks ladies. That facebook page - wow!!! BTW Wadzlla, your name always makes me giggle. Mindy I like the one-pot cooking too. I tend to wash and dry my knives (very good carbon steel) and pots as I work with them, to keep them like new. One less pot, or two, makes a difference. Slightly higher sides during the saute will keep more spatter in, too. My home kitchen stove top (Wolf) is soooo hard to clean.

I had an unexpected rush of activity yesterday and didn't order in time, but next time, for sure! Ugh. Next time... - Bird

ETA: I recorded several presentations and will watch them at leisure time. BW did an excellent job presenting!

Respected Contributor

I was just about to order it last night (the stainless one) until I read another thread which said that the nonstick contains PTFE which is the substance that is toxic to birds when heated at a higher temp. I'd rather avoid such things, even though I don't have birds in the house. I'm hoping that the company smartens up and removes it for safety reasons in their next version of the Ninja, as that machine looks like something I would have fun using.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

So, Ms. Bird, you never bought it? I was hoping you would. Such a good time to buy it I thought. No, I don't have one, but, I'm a gadget freak, also, and like to see other folks buy what they think they will enjoy. I've got the pressure cookers award, so, I've never bought the Ninji LOL