Trusted Contributor

@Spurt I so agree with you on Katie Lee - I think her only claim to fame is she was once married to Billy Joel.

Honored Contributor

Re: Food Network shows

[ Edited ]

@colleena wrote:

@Spurt I so agree with you on Katie Lee - I think her only claim to fame is she was once married to Billy Joel.

@colleena 

You got it! Smiley Wink  Im not aware of her culianary claim to fame .....the only other time I've seen her is on Beat Bobby Flay (when there was nothing much on so I watched a few minutes and she was one of those urging the challenger on....never saw her on her own cooking show on the Food Network...maybe I missed it---- she's written cookbooks, but so have a lot of people).............

This is her "culinary career"---

Lee has worked in several restaurants and gourmet food and wine stores. In 2003, she helped to open Jeff and Eddy’s Restaurant where she served as the house fishmonger. In July 2005, Lee created the foodie website OliveAndPeach.com with partner Aleishall Girard. The web site ceased updating in September 2006. In 2006, she hosted the first season of Bravo's Top Chef. Subsequently, Bravo replaced her with Padma Lakshmi.She later returned as a guest judge on Top Chef All Stars, Episode 2 ("Night at the Museum") in 2010....She writes a column, Katie's Kitchen and has appeared on various shows as a guest "chef"....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

I enjoy Miss Brown, different  new recipes.  All the rest is overkill and not very interesting at all.

Valued Contributor

@Love my grandkids Love Jeff Mauro, what a class act, I can't stand the kitchen though Sonny's laugh is just ridiculous. Loud and crass.

Honored Contributor

@KACEE1115 I  can't stand Sunny. I record the episodes to I can skip Sunny and Geoffrey, they both annoy me.

And I wonder if Sunny can do anything besides grill.

The couple of times I watched part of her segment, all she did was grill. Never in the actual kitchen!

Valued Contributor

@Spurt can't stand the kitchen because sunny, so over the top over everything, foolish laughing, and Katie as well. Who is she anyway? I don't know where they get some of the people to be on the cooking shows. I really liked the guy from Kentucky that won the baking and then network star. Would love to see Him host chop desserts. Not Conant.And you are right the show with Ann is over the top also worst cooks in America. I'm surprise it's still on she has gone through several cohosts.

Honored Contributor

@colleena I could be wrong but I watched Top Chef for about the first 12 seasons and I'm positive Katie Lee was a judge for some episodes. I'll have to look that up.

She's ok. I think she's pleasant. Alex I can live without most of the time.

Respected Contributor

The reason they show so much DDD and GGG is because they have many many seasons of those. Right now we're stuck with old expect for a few doing at home shows. I'm betting this will be a thing with all channels soon. Not much of making shows or movies right now. Tv is going to stink unless you love reruns for a while. 

Honored Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

The reason they show so much DDD and GGG is because they have many many seasons of those. Right now we're stuck with old expect for a few doing at home shows. I'm betting this will be a thing with all channels soon. Not much of making shows or movies right now. Tv is going to stink unless you love reruns for a while. 

@Lali1 

I totally understand the FN as well as a lot of shows and networks having to resort to reruns of old shows due to the Pandemic....BUT GuyFieri and Bobby Flay and Chopped took over the Food Network Channel LOOONNG AGO!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: Food Network shows

[ Edited ]

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@KACEE1115 I  can't stand Sunny. I record the episodes to I can skip Sunny and Geoffrey, they both annoy me.

And I wonder if Sunny can do anything besides grill.

The couple of times I watched part of her segment, all she did was grill. Never in the actual kitchen!

@Love my grandkids 

I saw Sunny cook a variety of things on the early days when she first joined The Kitchen....I dont know why she became "the grill master".... 😃