Honored Contributor

Re: Food Network show The Kitchen

I've watched this show since it began, save for a short time I quit it early on because of Sunny Anderson.   She has no manners, she is obnoxious, she is shrill and screamy - yelling over others when it's not even her turn to talk - and she's a pig.  She reminds me of the plant on 'Little Shop of Horrors' - FEED ME!    

I don't do well with people who have no manners and/or are obnoxious as she is.    I came back to the show soon after I quit because I liked everything ELSE about the show, and I still watch but sometimes I do FF through bits where she is going on (she knows everything, doncha know).  *rolleyes*

Respected Contributor

i like the show. i'm so tired of the competition cooking shows and this one moves fast and is fun. gz and katie don't seem "down to earth"(snobbish) sometimes, but jeff and sunny, balance them out.

Honored Contributor

I used to love Food Network but I think the Kitchen is the only show worth watching now.  I don't watch much TV but try to catch it when I can.  I enjoy all the hosts.  

Trusted Contributor

I too enjoy the show, but would love if Sunny & Jeff would tone it down.  Eating with your mouth full and talking is not a pleasure to see either. I love Katie, she is fun and has some good recipes.  Jeff is just Jeff.  He is now selling on QVC, food and pots & pans...more money...all in all it's a good show.

Honored Contributor

I enjoy her enthusiasm. She reminds me of a couple of my cousins who are loud and uninhibited, probably because I'm pretty much the opposite of that.

In any case, it's the only FN show I watch anymore and I like what each of the hosts brings to the mix.  It seems they've added Alex G. I'm not sure if she's a permanent addition, but I think she's been on the last few shows.  I don't think it's necessary to add anyone else, but she doesn't bother me.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@vabreeze wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

I watch the show almost every weekend, I like the hosts but hate Sunny Anderson, she acts like she has never eaten before and always has to be the first when samples are given out

@I am still oxox 

And for those things, you hate Sunny  Anderson??!!!  Such a strong reaction!  I hate pedophiles, rapists, people who are cruel, abusive, and neglectful to animals and children, prejudice and terrorists for starters.

@vabreeze Why the dramatic response. Stay focused on the topic we are discussing the food network, not the criminal population. By the way @I am still oxox Sunny is not my favorite, but Jeff is the one I can't stand at all. I can not figure out how, or why he is a food network personality.

Respected Contributor

I can take Sunny in small doses.   When she had her own FN show she wasn't as loud or pushy as she is now.     I really enjoyed her back then.  Now she seems to be more full of herself and likes to get all of the attention.  

The other week I was watching the show and I guess GZ leaned over and asked her to pass him a knife and fork so he could cut his burger in smaller pieces instead of trying to put the whole thing in his mouth.   Instead of just quietly handing them to him she had to loudly announce what he said.   I didn't feel that it was necessary for her to embarrass him like that.    I don't care for people who think it's funny to make others uncomfortable.

That little scene just lowered my opinion of her.  

I do enjoy the show though.   I actually hope they are going to keep Alex G. on the show permanently.      I remember when she had her own show.  The name of it has escaped me but I always watched it.  She has a very calm demeanor and is a pleasure to watch.

Trusted Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

@vabreeze Why the dramatic response. Stay focused on the topic we are discussing the food network, not the criminal population. By the way @I am still oxox Sunny is not my favorite, but Jeff is the one I can't stand at all. I can not figure out how, or why he is a food netowrk personality.

@manny2 I will focus on what i choose!

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

The audio on this show is awful.  It sounds like they are in a large 

warehouse and maybe that is why the all shout .  I would like the show, but the yelling make it a no for me.

Respected Contributor

Sunny needs to calm down I agree but GZ is beyond with the Q he started out with cast iron pans so far he was doing good then got too much into himself now vinegar & oil, coffee also this slicing machine it just goes on & on now. done with him,