Super Contributor

Food Network cooking shows: Are those really their personal kitchens?

Do they really tape those cooking shows in the chef's home?

Giada, Ina, Ree, Trisha and the rest?

Honored Contributor

Re: Food Network cooking shows: Are those really their personal kitchens?

Most are rental homes.

They did a behind the scenes program once showing how they make these places work. The place where Sandra Lee films they showed the floor with all the wires and stuff. It's pretty funny.

Ina's new set is her barn that she had built for filming just like Paula Deen built a set/kitchen in her house to film her shows. Everyone else is either a set that was built specifically for them (Guy Fieri is a set built for him, Tyler Florence's old show they built a set that was a replica of his kitchen at home).

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor

On 1/1/2014 VaBelle35 said:

Most are rental homes.

They did a behind the scenes program once showing how they make these places work. The place where Sandra Lee films they showed the floor with all the wires and stuff. It's pretty funny.

Ina's new set is her barn that she had built for filming just like Paula Deen built a set/kitchen in her house to film her shows. Everyone else is either a set that was built specifically for them (Guy Fieri is a set built for him, Tyler Florence's old show they built a set that was a replica of his kitchen at home).

Very interesting… and a bit disappointing for some reason.

Respected Contributor

On 1/1/2014 house cat said:

Most are rental homes.

Could you imagine film crews in your house all the time?

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Super Contributor

On 1/1/2014 debc said:
On 1/1/2014 house cat said:

Most are rental homes.

Could you imagine film crews in your house all the time?

No I cannot {#emotions_dlg.w00t}, but my MIL lives in the East Hampton neighborhood where Martha Stewart used to live. She filmed her shows from the house and there were many neighbors who objected to the film crews coming and going at all times. I guess you can't believe anything you see on t.v.

Honored Contributor

I can't speak for all, but I remember hearing that the studio set for Tyler Florence's show was a replica of his home kitchen.

Contributor

I bet that behind the scenes program was interesting. Weren't Ina's old shows actually in her kitchen, deck or yard? I even remember one where some author stayed overnight and she showed the bedroom she was using. Ina left soaps, lotions and stuff to make the stay more comfy.

Valued Contributor

I know that Giada and Ina's shows are shot in their own kitchens.

Super Contributor

On 1/1/2014 glmama said:

Not anymore.

Honored Contributor

On 1/1/2014 PuppyBreath said:
On 1/1/2014 glmama said:

Not anymore.

Ina's is now filmed in the barn she renovated on her property. Giada's kitchen is not her home, it's a rental. Always has been.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN