Honored Contributor

So I finally broke down and ordered the 3.5 quart flip pan pan. Been thinking about it for awhile. I do think the brand is a good one compared to the other brands. Today, if you ordered this item, you could order a 3 qt round sauce pot for $25 off the $38 reg price and I ordered the silicone steamer and tongs for an extra $3 off the $10 price. Still paying way too much for shipping however, but maybe the extra $ off will cover that. Any thoughts?

Honored Contributor

Re: Flip pan opinons

[ Edited ]

@wagirl I love mine!  I have two of them with my first being a 10" round pan that came with a glass lid which I use virtually every day for breakfast in addition to other cooking throughout the day as it has both the smooth and grill pan sides and the vented lid.  Love it.

My other is one of the smaller roaster type pans that I also love.  I use it for more soupy, saucey dishes but also came in handy when I had cooked chicken in the oven and while the outside was done the inside was not.  I popped it into the roaster and 10 minutes later the core temperature of the chicken had come to the proper level and was perfectly cooked without burning the outside of the chicken.

The clean up is a breeze, I couldn't recommend these pans more . . . Smiley Happy

eta:  oh my goodness I need to read the original posts a little more thoroughly . . . @wagirl this is the roaster pan I was speaking to . . . I hope you love yours as much as I love mine!

Super Contributor

Hi Wagirl, I have 2 of the smallest flip pans and one in the larger size Evile has on special today.  They do a very good job of quickly searing food and clean-up is a snap.

I don't know how useful/necessary the round one is?  Obviously you cannot flip it LOL.  For deep frying the larger rectangular one works well.  I feel like the round one is kind of just taking up space which is likely why Evile is trying to offload it for 75% today.

You are right to have your hackles up about Evile's s&H -- not only are their charges high, their delivery turnaround is sooooooo sloooooooooow.  You also can retun only via USPS.  I know sometimes Q's shipping seems a little high but at least Q delivers swiftly and offers UPS for returns.

In general I do as little biz w/Evile as possible.  They pulled a shady bait and switch with me on a mattress a couple years ago that took me almost 3 months to get sorted.  I wish I would not shop there at all (boo to me) but they carry the excellent Consult Beaute line and I find Cooks Essentials Products like the flip pans to be really great.  I would never buy anything from Evile I could buy from another retailer.

I think if you get the rectangular flip pan and the steamer with reduced S&H and forego the round pan, you will be off to a great start.  Happy Flipping! 

Respected Contributor

I have the two small ones but I really do not care for them.  Perhaps I am using them wrong, but I don't think so.

Honored Contributor

I think those flip pans are the most ridiculous concept in cookware I've ever heard.  Some people seem to like them but I've never felt the need to flip a pan.  They also have a rubbery gasket that's going to have a limited lifespan and even if they send an extra, where are you going to get one 5 years from now?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

wagirl, I had the exact same things,(and the cookbook) in my cart today but the S&H came to $21! I put it back! I do have the big Bertha flip pan and a smaller one-I Love them! Nothing sticks to them-just follow the instructions about not heating them dry and not using high heat. They are great on an induction burner, and they are beautiful!

Honored Contributor

I decided to cancel my order. What in the world was I thinking ? Shipping  costs are stupid high.  Ridiculous!!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

What flip pans are you all talking about?

Honored Contributor

I think these are the pans Evine sells, check their website.  I'm anti-gadget, having filled my kitchen to the overflowing point.  So I always try to ignore things like this.  But having said that, I've already purchased two air-fryers. 

Respected Contributor

Love my flip pans! But DO keep in mind that the deeper one, you really don't truly flip...especially if they are filled with stew, etc...They are excellent low pressure cookers too