Honored Contributor

Flamingo Cake ... french vanilla w/buttercream icing

My gf bday was Christmas Day she loves flamingos ... so I made her bday cake.

This is a french vanilla w/raspberry filling - whipped buttercream icing.  The drip didn't work out to well😉..(.I stole the idea from a cake I saw in WM bakery section)

she said "next year we need a bigger cake!" lol it's only a 6" size. Guess they enjoyed it!  I picked the glass cake dish up at a estate sale and gave to her as a gift.

639E2DF9-86B7-417D-A6BD-D168C881AFC8.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: Flamingo Cake ... french vanilla w/buttercream icing

Cute cake and sounds so good.  All the pictures of goodies are pure torture.  I guess hubby must be okay today?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

This was baked Christmas Eve he's in bed no later than 8:30!!

Yes, he is feeling a little better in fact he asked me to make him chocolate chip cookies or sugar cookies.  A very unusual request as he rarely eats sweets but I didn't bake for us this year!

I am a night owl and bake or clean during the night sometimes into the wee hours of the morning😉

He's following drs orders and being a good patient.  Only thing he sleeps most the day which is good in a way.  The COPD symptoms have flaired up from the pneumonia.  He's exhausted from doing the slightest thing.☹️ 

Respected Contributor

That is the cutest cake!  What a great idea to pick up a cake plate at an estate sale and give it to her as part of your gift.

Trusted Contributor

What a cute cake!  How nice of you do to that for your friend.  The vanilla cake with raspberry filling sounds devine.  HINT:  My birthday is in August and I love ladybugs. 🐞  😀

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 

Please tell me more about this cake with the raspberry filling!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Your cakes are just works of art and I know they are delicious.  You are so talented!  Thanks for sharing that talent to make people happy!  Wish I lived closer.

Honored Contributor

@Zhills 

I'd love to be her neighbor too, she's such a kind and creative spirit!

(Also that way I could 'jack' that delicious looking/sounding cake, LOL!)

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Very pretty.  The blue around the edge reminds me of ocean waves.  You would never know you had an issue trying to do a drip.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@LdyBugz 

I'll be happy to deliver you a ladybug cake for your bday!

I'll be up in PA if you're close - baking these cakes keeps my creative side going and I am enjoying picking up glass cake plates for the bday girl!

next bday is January - so have to come up with a idea!  Maybe something French motif as this gf loves Paris.

Happy New Year!!!