Honored Contributor

I just finished up my first month on auto delivey for the Faroe Island salmon--10- 6 oz portions--- and I will get my 2nd order this next week. I have to admit that I am very pleased with this whole thing!! Just me and DD and we both enjoyed the quality and quantity of this item. And making the fish  last for a month was very easy--we looked forward to each meal. I also started getting the pork rib eyes that was a TSV recently and they are very good too. So now would like to set up a chicken AD -----seems these prices are very much in line with what I see in the grocery store--the fish especially-- but much tastier and in better protions for us.  I do my grocery shopping online and not having to depend on others to pick out  my protein is great---will stick with it for awhile.

Super Contributor

Re: First month of AD salmon

That salmon is very good! I eat a whole food plant based diet, but I make an exception with the QVC Farro Island salmon every other Friday.

Respected Contributor

I ordered it for the first time today because of the price and the reviews. I can't wait to try it, have to figure out the best way to prepare it.

Honored Contributor

I am not a fish eater, but DH enjoys salmon, and I know it's supposed to be good for you, so I ordered the Faroe Island before. I was nervous to take that first bite but ended up liking it.  I made a lemon cream dill sauce to go with it.  I ended up cancelling my A/D in favor of getting something more budget friendly from Costco,

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I am not a fish eater, but DH enjoys salmon, and I know it's supposed to be good for you, so I ordered the Faroe Island before. I was nervous to take that first bite but ended up liking it.  I made a lemon cream dill sauce to go with it.  I ended up cancelling my A/D in favor of getting something more budget friendly from Costco,

We are very pleased with the salmon we purchase at Costco; also at Sam's club and the price at both stores are budget friendly..

Honored Contributor

I am not able to get to Costco easily, so I'm curious about their salmon. Is it in thick cut filets like the Faroe Island ones are or is it very thin--my problem is that you get salmon that is so thin,  altho a bigger piece, and you are actually spending way more for way less fish just  a bigger piece----Now,  once upon a time , a hundred years agoWoman Frustrated I would buy a whole salmon that was a good girth and then cut it into filets or steaks and could afford to do that--not now. 

Trusted Contributor

@wagirl   We have it on autoship as well and every Tuesday is Salmon Night. Looking up recipes for different ways to prepare it as give us a fantastic base to expand from as well as discovering how versatile it can be. We've gifted this to family and friends at Christmas and all but one are now receiving it on AS as well.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Super Contributor

Went to Costco this mornng and bought both the Salmon and Salmon Burgers. Enjoy them both !

salmon.jpgburgers.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

I am not able to get to Costco easily, so I'm curious about their salmon. Is it in thick cut filets like the Faroe Island ones are or is it very thin--my problem is that you get salmon that is so thin,  altho a bigger piece, and you are actually spending way more for way less fish just  a bigger piece----Now,  once upon a time , a hundred years agoWoman Frustrated I would buy a whole salmon that was a good girth and then cut it into filets or steaks and could afford to do that--not now. 

@wagirl Costco sells both frozen and fresh salmon filets. We buy the fresh which usually comes 3 to a tray (once in a while I'll see a tray of 2). They come ready to go in the oven or on the grill. They have balls of herbed butter on them which we remove and fresh dill sprigs. They are thick and we actually get 6 servings since we cut them lengthwise. I'm not sure of the price but I know they are a lot less than the FI. They are sooo good!

Honored Contributor

@LuvSoCal --good to know--If I go to Costco I will look for them--but for now, am very happy with these--Thanks!!!