Super Contributor

Re: First ever pressure cooker purchase, so excited i do not know what to make first!

On 1/27/2014 WSfan said:

Bob Warden's electric pressure cooker cookbooks are not listed in QVC's cookbook section but here are the titles: "Bob Warden's Slow Food Fast" was his first pressure cooker cookbook, His second one is titled "Best of the Best Presents Great Food Fast". Both are written for electric pressure cookers. You may be able to find them on Amazon.

I ordered both of his cookbooks on Amazon and got them in two days!!!!

Super Contributor

Re: First ever pressure cooker purchase, so excited i do not know what to make first!

Foolproof Risotto. Melt a bit of olive oil on the brown setting (or turn the pressure cooker on high), then add the arborio rice and let it fry for a few minutes. You can brown some diced shallots at the same time if you want. Toss in chicken broth and 1/4-1/2 cup white wine (1:2 rice to liquid) and salt. I use either canned chicken broth or diluted Chicken Soup base from Penzey's, and I like a drinkable but not expensive Sauvignon Blanc for the wine. Pressure cook on high for 6 minutes. Immediately let the steam out and open the pot. Add a big handful of grated Parmaggiano-Reggiano and top with a handful of chopped parsley if you have it. Total time is about 15 minutes including letting the pot come up to pressure, and it's almost effortless--certainly nothing like risotto by hand.