Trusted Contributor

Finger food suggestions please!

My niece is graduating this next week and the after gathering is at my house. I will have a cake but I feel like I need to fix some other little goodies as well. Do any of you have some suggestions.

I'm not very good a organizing these types of things so any input would be appreciated!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Finger food suggestions please!

Chips & dip

Rolled coldcuts speared with a chunk of cheese, an olive & toothpick

Baby carrots & celery & dip

Cocktail peanuts

Andes candies mints

Egg salad sandwiches cut in triangles

Congrats!!

Super Contributor

First of all, congratulations to your niece, and then don't stress! Smile Cake makes everyone happy, and I would assume you will do beverages like iced tea, hot tea, coffee, perhaps even a simple fruit punch in a bowl would make an elegant presentation. There are so many easy things that will be fabulous without costing a fortune or taking too much time. Do you have anyone else helping you with this celebration, or just you? Regardless, you could do a veggie tray assortment (baby carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, red/green/yellow/orange pepper slices, cherry tomatoes, sliced mushrooms, celery sticks, etc.) served with a dip or ranch dressing. Tea sandwiches are always a great option, and you can make a few different kinds.... just google "tea sandwiches" or "tea party sandwiches" and you will find a variety of options that would be suitable to you. There is nothing wrong with some crackers and perhaps a couple varieties of cheese, put it on a platter with some grapes around it. Chips & salsa is always a good option. Most people love shrimp, so a tray of cocktail shrimp usually never goes wrong. Lots of options, just depends on your budget and also how many people you are planning to feed. Again, cake makes everyone happy, so whatever you do, I'm sure your niece will love it. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Trusted Contributor

Those are great suggestions thank you very much!

Honored Contributor

I went to our local BBQ place and got pulled pork, placed it in my Nesco and had slider rolls and coleslaw to go with it. I also had 5 varieties of hot sauce to choose to add.

The party was Thursday night and it was a hit!

Honored Contributor

Those little veggies squares that you make on a crescent roll base are colorful and tasty.

Honored Contributor

I tried a long post and it didn't go through for a banned word. So I'll try these a few at a time and see what sticks.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor