Respected Contributor

Finally found an ice cream I dislike

Didn't think it could happen!

Ordered Breyers Layered Dessert Caramel Apple Pie Frozen Dairy Dessert from Walmart pickup and they substituted Breyers Peach Cobbler Layered Dessert.  I like peaches, so OK.

Nope.  Vvirtually no peach flavor, just vanilla with chunks of  so-called "cobbler".

Looks like I'll save some calories! Woman Indifferent

Denise
Honored Contributor

Re: Finally found an ice cream I dislike

Amazed they substituted an ice cream flavor.  What if you had been allergic to peaches?

Respected Contributor

“Frozen dessert” and “lce cream” are not the same.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@denisemb  Frozen Dairy Dessert is NOT ice cream!  They do their sneaky best to put that in small print so many people don't realize what they're eating is not ice cream.  

Frozen dairy desserts are made with vegetable oil. Also, this is usually the vegetable oil that we want to avoid in our diet like coconut oil or palm oil. Ice-cream on the other hand, is mainly made from milk and dairy fat.

So, before buying a container of ice cream, make sure you read the front of the container and be sure it says..ICE CREAM and NOT Frozen Dairy Dessert.

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

@denisembPerversely, I love when Breyer's is the ice cream the supermarket has on sale because that's one brand I have no trouble resisting in almost any flavor.

There was a time long ago when everything Breyer's appealed.  The little ice cream shop next to our movie theater scooped generous cones of it -  you'll know it was long ago when I tell you a triple-dip cone cost 15 cents   and one flavor was better than the other.

Ice cream is my chosen dessert -  I just don't choose Breyer's.

Respected Contributor

@ciao_bella 

Thank you!  Didn't realize that.

I usually only buy Breyer;s Creamsicle, but the apple pie dessert sounded good - will pass for now.

Denise
Honored Contributor

Turkey Hill is flavorless IMO!!!

I've learned to stay with Bryers,

Edys, and as a last resort, Pet.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG 

I've never had Turkey Hill, but I remember that it won "best chocolate" in a recent America's Test Kitchen taste test--with the testers AND the audience.

Locally, Perry's (regional) won the "best chocolate" title back in the '70s, and it is good. I don't generally have ice cream in the freezer, but when DH and I want milkshakes, that's what I get.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

I don't like mint (as in mint chocolate chip) ice cream.  Should be renamed "toothpaste" ice cream.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I don't like mint (as in mint chocolate chip) ice cream.  Should be renamed "toothpaste" ice cream.

@faeriemoon 

I agree.  I also can't choke down Thin Mints Girl Scout cookies!