Respected Contributor

Re: Finally Received My Ninja Indoor Grill/Air Fryer.

@CrazyKittyLvr2  I gather there was no smoke you noticed or you would have said so.  I had read some people found smoke to be an issue and at 500 degrees I would think it might be if there is any grease.  I suppose it depends on what is being cooked.

I've been considering this machine, not that I need it but the grill addition to the Foodi I ordered causes the smoke alarm to go off when I've made steaks.  I'm beginning to think there's no perfect indoor grill, something cooked will set off the smoke alarm sooner or later no matter what the maker states.

It is a handsome thing!.

Esteemed Contributor

Spoiler

@Free2be  Gosh, I'm sorry.  I was going to address your question about smoke and my pea brain shut off.

There was no smoke at all.  It advises you to use canola oil.   Olive oil can cause smoking.

DD got a can of canola oil spray and we gave the steaks a quick spritz on both side and did the same with the hot sausage, peppers and onions.  Browned great, no sticking.

Super Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

We absolutely love ours.. the food is delicious..

Enjoy using yours!!

Trusted Contributor

We got our Foodi Grill back in January. I love it.

We've done chicken thighs and wings, shrimp, salmon, burgers, pork chops, different veggies in the Grill. We've split Cornish hens and done them in the Grill. Outstanding. Hot dogs, brats, sausages come out great. I've done pork tenderloins and they're really good. 

We've air fried (it's called air crisp, actually) french fries, baked potatoes, hasselback potatoes, etc. in the Crisper. I think it makes the best baked potatoes I've ever made.....much better than in a microwave. Done is about 40 minutes and perfect.I prefer using the Crisp feature over our air-fryer; in fact, I put the air fryer in the basement and may sell it.

I baked a small one-layer cake, using the Bake feature. I used the Roast feature to do a beef roast. Really good and juicy. 

To do a turkey breast, I had to slice the breast in half as it was too big to do the whole thing at one time. But it worked. It turned out lovely.

I have not used the Dehydrator, simply because I have a food dehydrator that I use.

It always sets our smoke alarm in the kitchen off. I don't think it's the Foodi Grill; I think we just have a very sensitive smoke alarm. 

I use avocado oil if I need oil as it has a very high smoke point. Saw that suggestion on a YouTube video. 

I just have the regular Foodi Grill, not the Pro. I have my own probe thermometer that I use for roasts and such. It works. It deserves its spot on the kitchen counter.

Highly recommend!

Respected Contributor

I just did a strip steak in ours. At 500 degrees there was no smoke at all.

My only quarrel with it is that when I use the slow cooker function the Low setting is much too low. I made soup yesterday and used the High setting and it was perfect. Of course I have 3 other slow cookers I could use!

Respected Contributor

i have seen them. they look interesting. good luck with it.