Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Figis catalog

[ Edited ]

I've had good luck with their petits fours and tortes and order my favorites every year. One time one of the tortes arrived in less than perfect condition, but I really didn't care as it was just for me.  It still tasted fresh and delicious.  It was just a bit misshapen due to a poor shipping experience, LOL.

I never order cheese or summer sausage-type products as I prefer to buy them locally.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Esteemed Contributor

@Carolm, I think your brother may appreciate you telling him that Figi's is not a good place to purchase edible gifts.  Make some other suggestions to him where he can still buy similar items, but you have heard that the quality is better (as previously mentioned on this thread).  You may even want to suggest he try some of QVC's edible vendors.  The QVC food prices are high, but not excessively higher than many other gourmet food catalogues and websites.  Furthermore, I've have never been disappointed in the quality of a QVC food purchase even if I felt the price was a tad high. 

Honored Contributor

I ended up ordering a Swiss Colony catalog. Wait and see what they got to tempt me with.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's been many years since I had a product from Figi's, but the chocolate was very good back then.    I see they were purchased by Mason Companies, Inc., in 2013.    It looks like that's basically a shoe and apparel company, and maybe they're not so great with food products.   This reminds me of the change in quality with Harry & David when 1-800-Flowers acquired the company (I believe they also own Cheryl's cookies).

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

Hey @SharkE......what a co-inky-dink that you started this thread ! I got the same catalog yesterday and was going to pick up a few things. I will say that I have had their Baby Swiss , which is also available at Swiss Colony, and it was AMAZING !

Don't have the catalog here but don't they have a no questions asked guarantee ?

Honored Contributor

should be in the catalog. Haven't got mine yet

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Overpriced but they do give credit. That helped on Christmas when I was strapped. There was a mxied plate of cheeses, meats, sweets and so on, for $20 on sale. I bought two and loved them. Off sale, makes them $40 each and then they're not worth it. To get cheeses, I go to my local's deli grocery store, where you can try them first. You can get sliced meats too, and many bakeries have holiday specials.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I ended up ordering a Swiss Colony catalog. Wait and see what they got to tempt me with.

We got a Swiss Colony catalog a couple of weeks ago. Huge variety - literally something for everyone - and reasonable, if not brilliant, prices for size. I'm deciding for bad things for a treat for me 😈

Figi's has always been the ugly stepsister to Swiss Colony IMO. None of it has ever tempted me.

Harry & David used to be good but they've priced themselves right out of the market for most people. It's nice but I can live without it.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all