Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fiestaware: new small heart-shaped bowls

There's actually a big sale going on at fiestafactorydirect.com right now, just in time for Mother's Day—in addition to 15% off the heart-shaped items, they're offering 15% off all the decorated pieces (e.g., Dancing Lady, Floral Bouquet, and Skulls and Vines), plus significant savings on canister sets, prep bowl and mixing bowl sets, loaf pans, teapots, and more. Time to stock up!  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc--I was going to buy the heart dishes but when I got to the shipping costs---was $23 + that included a $4.95 handling fee ----what a rip off---so I'm not ordering there. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wagirl - They just had a free shipping sale earlier this month, so if you're not in a big hurry, there should be another one in a month or two. I will say that although I think the handling fee is silly, the shipping costs seem justified to me because these pieces are so heavy, plus they really package everything nicely to keep it all intact and they ship very quickly. (And if you spend over $75, which isn't hard to do on this site, you just pay the handling fee.)

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc--go to wayfair--they have the same sale and only charge $4.95 to ship. it's still a $19 charge to ship, way too much for me. Even at Bed. bath and beyond, it's $8.95.  I will wait. Have a b-day in June so maybe someone will get me those 2 pieces Woman Wink

Trusted Contributor

Valentines Day2018.jpg

I love the heart bowl, this is the medium size heart.  It is rather shallow so it works well for dessert, or would be nice for a small pasta dish or side salad too.  I have put three or four of them together for an appetizer server or veggie tray.  I will look for another one of my pictures.  I also use one for a candy dish. 

Trusted Contributor

festivefiesta3.jpg

This is the medium size.  The hearts can also be placed points in the center, and either 3 hearts or 4 look very nice. 

Esteemed Contributor

In case anyone is interested, the fiestafactorydirect.com website is offering 20% off orders over $100 through the end of the day on Sunday, which includes free shipping. This is a great opportunity to save some money, especially if you're looking to stock up on dinnerware or decorative pieces...

Esteemed Contributor

UPDATE: The 20% off $100 sale has been extended through today...