Trusted Contributor

Re: Fiestaware Lovers! Anyone else using their greens for St. Patrick's Day?

1Professor, you have a wonderful collection of fiesta! I especially love your sugar bowl and covered casserole with those beautiful handles. I love the tablescape too.

Last year I put together a St. Patrick's Day tablescape for a contest. I do not have any shamrock pieces, but I have a few lemongrass, and I have a lot of turquoise, so this is what I put together.

photo 65997a88-fdd8-4cbd-b75f-f156b36978a4_zps5e8kir3l.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

I will use my lemongrass green and ivory (French vanilla) for my Easter family dinner. Matches my fun tablecloth!

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor

Ury, lemongrass and ivory are beautiful together! I have a few pieces of ivory, and I would like more. I think it is under-appreciated!

Esteemed Contributor

Hello oceantown. I think of ivory as light pale yellow. Ivory also looks good with my scarlet pieces during holidays. Gave my DIL turquoise and black -- just in time for black to take a nap. She selected the combo. Oceantown, do you go with a variety of colors or stick with a basic color scheme?

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor

Hi, Ury!

I agree with you, ivory and scarlet are beautiful together.

Since black has been discontinued, maybe your DIL will like the new slate color. Or, she can go another direction, like adding ivory. Ivory, black & turquoise! I think that is a beautiful combination. Or something a little unexpected like lemongrass. I love lemongrass with turquoise. I have added pieces of lemongrass.

I started with 4 place settings in turquoise and 4 in white. Then I added more colors in different bowls (small rice bowl, bouillon bowl, etc.) I added different java mug colors. It has really branched out, but I feel like turquoise is still my base color. All of my colors look gorgeous with turquoise.

So I love white & turquoise together, and I think my next favorite color (which has been discontinued for a while now) is flamingo. But I am still able to find pieces to buy, especially directly from Homer Laughlin on-line.

I would say the 4 main colors that I have added to my turquoise & white are flamingo, lemongrass, sunflower & tangerine. Also some scarlet & peacock, mostly as serving pieces. See how hard it has become for me to stick to just a few colors, lol.

Nice chatting with you!

Esteemed Contributor

oceantown - My husband loves orange. I have nothing in the house orange, but I am thinking of adding the tangerine color to my collection just for him. Enjoy your collection and the advent of spring.

Honored Contributor

Tangerine is a great color. It is one of the ones I have. I have peacock, too. Now that it is retired I want more of that color.

Oceantown, that is a pretty table! As much as I love colors your white pieces are jumping out & calling my name! They look so nice mixed with the colors.

Trusted Contributor

ury, thanks for your nice reply. I do not choose orange for decorating or clothes either, but I decided to add several tangerine fiesta pieces. It is a pretty color. My first piece of scarlet was a java mug for Mr. oceantown. Of course I added more scarlet over time.

Hi, willdob3! Thanks so much. I really like white, but I sometimes notice marks from silverware so I give it a quick clean with barkeepers friend and it is just like new. To be honest, there are times when I think if I had it to do over again I would choose ivory in place of the white. But, then when I set a table, white looks so nice. It looks so nice with a white tablecloth, or with my table runner I sewed which is red, turquoise, white & black (for Christmas). So, white really makes those tables I think.

This is a Christmas table setting I made with the runner I was talking about.

Christmas Fiesta ware photo c0b356e8-350d-4fb7-a407-8bd9d05bca37_zps41aec48a.jpg

And, I was having a little fun recently putting together this little springtime table. It would not be the same without that little white teacup.

photo 686b5450-7af7-4806-935d-98e3d97c21f2_zpskqjck9lg.jpg