Respected Contributor

Re: February What's cooking at your house?

ECBG. that Stir Fry sounds absolutely delicious. Think I will try that.

In fact, there seems to have been a lot of good cooking going on. Me? Did not cook a thing last night - all pickup by whomever wanted what. I just was not up to it - I am fine but the day was more than hectic and just did not want to spend time in the kitchen. I do have more and more of those days as I get older. LOL.

Preds thanks for the weekend greeting - these weeks do fly by.

Am thinking of fixing a hot dog, noodle, onion, cheese casserole. Saw the recipe and thought it looked easy and have not had dawgs in a long time. And yes, bought a new charcoal grill for the outside as my old one just disappeared. Huh? Have no clue who "borrowed" it. This grill is a tall one, the other grill I had was a very small one as I had previously given my big fancy one to someone who would use it. I had reached the point in my life where I did not need it - then inherited kids so needed a grill again and got a small one. Still wondering where on earth it went to?

Will try and get this grill put together today - still a tad chilly outside and windy so I have time. Maybe not as the weather guru's are saying the weekend may be anywhere from 74 to 80 degrees - depends on who you listen to

Valued Contributor

WOW! some much good cooking, puts me to shame! We spent the day at the VA in Tampa. Husband had tests then will return for appointment with pulmonary doctor. So we had Cracker Barrel on our way on in the rain.

Today is sunny, windy, and very cool. I am baking lemon bars to take to friend's house for dinner tonight. She is fixing cube steak. Sounds good to me.

Hope everyone come back often to chat. We loved to have you join us regularly if possible. Doesn't need to be about cooking either, just come by, grab a coffee, and sit a spell.

Respected Contributor

Afternoon, quiet weather here, a dusting of snow this am, but already gone.

Tonite is steak, wish it was warm enough for the grill, but the cast iron fry pan will do, baked taters, salad, garlic bread will add to it.

Take Care

Respected Contributor

I got a new charcoal grill and started putting it together, Right off the bat I put the end of the axle on without the wheel. Cannot get that stupid thing off - Davey's dad is suppose to show up and remove David for the weekend - I hope, I hope, I hope - so will see if he can do it. These old hands sure got feeble. So it is just sitting there waiting for someone to rescue it.

I have my iron frying pan going also but I have cabbage in it. I think it is only going to be myself here but needed to fix that huge head of cabbage - do not like to see food go bad and I have had it for quite a spell. Will probably fix some cornbread as a go with and of course I do have a nice tomato in there - nothing better.

Nice day except for the high winds - they are brutal. Gee whiz, would you not think if it was a nice day then everything should be nice. Do NOT like heavy winds.

Hope all eat well this evening.

Honored Contributor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Valued Contributor

Morning all,

Had trouble getting on here this morning. Took much longer for me to have the website open up.

Rained last night and today will be in the sixties. Next couple of days will stay cooler but the sun is shinning.

Dinner at friend's house last night was good. I will definetly buy the Meyer Lemon Bar mix again. We all enjoyed it.

Going to some entertainment tonight at one of the local rec building. Will have a comedian and music. Meeting two other couples there.

Would you please add Nelson to your prayer list? The VA has labeled his

COPD as severe. He really stuggles to breathe, just walking a few steps, even with oxygen is a struggle.

Best to all, enjoy the day.

Trusted Contributor

12642496_658206854320690_3904532162775768582_n.jpg

Respected Contributor

Morning, sun is shining here & should hit 40, what a weird Winter this has been.

@Soushi24, so sorry to hear Nelson is not doing well, he's in my prayers, must be difficult for him as he loves to golf

Haven't decided on what's for supper yet, might get out to the store, really feel like chicken wings,  hmm......

Hope all enjoy your day

Take Care

Respected Contributor

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Nelson. As another person with COPD - I know it can be miserable. Sometimes really hard to breathe and the good days and bad days are so strange to me. Ahhhh, if I had known a zillion years ago this could happen sure would not have ever picked up the first cigarette. There was no such thing as COPD until someone figured it out. When I stopped I was so proud of myself - I did it because I felt I wanted to do it as smoking was just dumb - just did not quit soon enough however. My Mother quit the same way, put the cigs down and that was that. Interesting in that she smoked a very long time, just put them down and everyone smoked around her but she NEVER inhaled. Interesting - and she never got COPD. Why did I start I will never know as a young person I thought it was the dumbest thing to do. Bet my Uncle I would not smoke and he told me if I h had not done that by age 21 I had $100 coming. I got that money and did not start until I was 25. Have no reason but I did. And as kids my older brother and I worked in the tobacco fields and I could sling those tobacco leaves - string them up on a pole to be put in the heating barns. LOL. I grew up in NC - the tobacco state for sure and everyone smoked - well almost everyone..

A gorgeous day here in Sou Cal. Freezing this morning and it did get really nice. Almost hot out there if you stayed in the sun. Just finished refilling the bird feeders so that is that. I am alone right now - well there are three meows and one woof woof here and I hope it stays that way.

Dinner, will warm up some of that delicious fried cabbage - have a great evening one and all.

Respected Contributor

Will eat the rest of the fried cabbage and cornbread - and of course am watching the Super Bowl in the process.

It was a GREAT day here in Sou Cal - got some weed spraying done out back in the South  40 as the temps were over 60. Yippee!!!! Did not get it all done - these old arthritic hands gave out - hopefully will try again tomorrow and finish it up. Also got the Hummer Feeders replenished!!!! They will be happy!!!

Great church service this morning - our Pastor just keeps getting better. Amazing as he retired 3 years ago after a lifetime of being a pastor. He got fidgety and this super small church needed help and there he was - I had originally gone to the church he use to pastor at. He is soooooooooooo good.

Getting close to nightfall - do not like it. Am glad the days are getting a tad longer but not a lot quite frankly and sure wish the lopnger day process would hurry up - I do NOT like short days and long nights. Oh well what can I say.

Am getting hungry off I go to the microwave. LOL.