Honored Contributor

Re: Feb. 2 Today is HEAVENLY HASH DAY !!! Do you like it??

I hadn't heard of it before this moment. I did smoke some hash WAY back in my day. Smiley Happy That was pretty heavenly.

If there is Cool Whip in it, however, I'd have to pass.

I used to make a fruit salad for summer barbeques. But it was just all kinds of fresh fruit, some coconut, a little lime juice and *VOILA* - fruit salad. I used to laugh when people would ask for my recipe - uh, some fruit and a bowl. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

On 2/2/2015 JeanLouiseFinch said:

Gosh, I haven't made this in years. Back in the day, it was a "fancy" side salad. Some people would call it Hawaiian Fruit Salad. The recipe I used to use is different from yours. Mine was drained canned fruit (pineapple, mandarin oranges, maraschino cherries), mini marshmallows, sour cream, and coconut (optional). It was pretty popular back then, but not as much anymore.

This is the one I've made for years too, JeanLouise Finch. I haven't made it for quite awhile either, but it's good {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}.

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Trusted Contributor

My family favorite is called Heavenly Delight - love this stuff!

HEAVENLY DELIGHT

1 bag mini colored marshmallows
1 can Dole crushed pineapple
2 cups walnut pieces
2 pints whipping cream
1/2 cup powdered sugar

Combine marshmallows, pineapple, and walnuts in a bowl, mix, cover, and let stand in fridge overnight.

Next day whip cream til peaks form, add powdered sugar, mix again. Add to the other mixture. Mix well. Cover and serve.

Contributor

I made this all the time when the kids were little. I'd forgotten about this recipe and am glad you reminded me and will make it this weekend.

Trusted Contributor

On 2/2/2015 Eliana said:

I was thinking of the ice cream, which is one of my favorites. If it wasn't so cold, I'd go out and get some.

I thought it was the candy but ice cream will do {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Valued Contributor

On 2/2/2015 saversmom said:

I knew this as ambrosia and it was served as dessert.

I have not thought of this in a very long time.

Thanks for the memory.

Yes, Ambrosia Salad comes to mind which I had years ago growing up but we never had rice in ours.

This sounds great & will save it for another time! Thanks!