Respected Contributor

Re: Favorite recipe from this board?

Lots of people said this was a favorite, so I found it and reposted it here:

Aunt Bertie's scalloped potatoes

Thinly slice peeled raw potatoes, enough to feed the number of people you want to feed. Do not make for less than 4, as it won't work right.

Salt if you want it.

Place potatoes in a deep casserole dish (I use corning ware) use Pam or oil to coat dish to prevent a difficult cleanup.

Pour HEAVY cream over the potatoes till it comes to within one inch BELOW the top of the potatoes.

Bake uncovered in a 350 degree, preheated oven, for one to two hours depending on the size of the dish. It should be browned on top, and tender when pierced with a knife.

This comes out thick, and tasting as though you added cheese. Only two ingredients, so easy.

Respected Contributor

I love this board and frequent it as often as I can. Must have missed the cream puff cake recipe. I would be very grateful if someone could post it. I did a search but couldn't find it. Thanks in advance.. Have a wonderful holiday..(the best board on this siteSmiley Happy ) Barbara

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Respected Contributor

Found this and reposted it here!!!

Cream Puff Dessert or Cream Puff Cake

1 cup water
1 stick margarine
1 cup flour
4 eggs
1 6 oz pkg vanilla instant pudding (JPC uses two small and that's what I did as well)
3 cups of milk
1 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
1 4 oz container whipped dessert topping (another recipe used 8 oz.)
Chocolate sauce

Bring water and margarine to a boil. Add flour and stir until mixture leaves the side of the pan and forms a ball. Remove pan from stove. Add eggs, one at a time and beat well. Spread mixture in a 9X13 pan. (hard to spread and seems a little sticky but spread as evenly as possible) Bake 30 minutes in a preheated 400 degree oven. When cool, top with mixture of combined pudding, milk and cream cheese. Recipe says to top with whipped dessert topping and drizzle with chocolate sauce and refrigerate. I never use the whipped topping or chocolate sauce, hubby likes it without. I have served it that way & have let guests add what they would like on top. I think it would keep better in fridge without whipped topping on it.

Serves 10-12.

Honored Contributor

Cream Puff Cake, I am making it again, to take to a gathering the day after Christmas.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Sadly I must confess, the two ingredient cake. Boxed cake mix and a can of soda.

Being vegetarian, I missed eating cake the most.

Then the devil posted a thread here and I was lost for months......

Lemon cake w/can of 7Up

Chocolate cake w/can of root beer.

Good news is, my common sense took over and I haven't made one in over two years.

But it was good while it lasted.

I know, I know, you can use a can of pumpkin, but we're talking a cake mix. That's like smoking a cigarette after yoga.

Valued Contributor

This has been our go to Christmas breakfast bread for several years now. Easiest ever and is just like a nice sticky pecan roll.

SIMPLE BUTTERSCOTCH COFFEE CAKE

PREPARE THIS COFFEE CAKE THE NIGHT BEFORE YOU PLAN TO SERVE.THEN JUST POP IT INTO THE OVEN IN THE MORNING AND IT WILL BE WARM AND READY IN JUST 1/2 HOUR!!!

1/2 c. chopped nuts (pecans are a favorite here, but walnuts work equally well)

18 FROZEN unbaked dinner rolls (the kind that have to rise)

1 3oz pkg Butterscotch pudding (NOT instant)

1/2 c butter or margarine

3/4 c. brown sugar

3 tsp. cinnamon

Grease a bundt pan. Pour in the chopped nuts. Add frozen rolls. Sprinkle with DRY pudding mix. In a separate pan, melt butter, sugar, and cinnamon. Pour this mixture over the rolls and let rise overnight, covered with plastic wrap, at room temperature. In the morning, bake in pre-heated 350 degree oven for 25 - 30 minutes (obviously you remove the plastic wrap before baking). Invert pan after removing from oven so the gooey stuff goes throughout…then enjoy!!

Ps – some of the notes from people who made this said they used as few as 14 rolls, just made it more gooey.

http://community.qvc.com/default.aspx?tabid=73&TypeID=1&catId=13&ThreadId=344633

Respected Contributor

Any fried chicken recipe or cinnamon roll recipe or Pork BBQ recipe!!!!

Super Contributor

On 12/18/2014 glmama said:

A few years back someone posted a quick pizza dough recipe. I ADORE this recipe and it has become my own and I use it every time I make pizza. Prior to this recipe I waited for the dough to rise, etc. This one from the boards is quick and if I decide I want to make pizza at 6pm for a hungry family, I can easily do it. Smiley Happy

glamma, please repost this recipe! It sounds great and it didn't come up in a search. Thanks!
Super Contributor

I made a delicious banana nut bread with a cinnamon-sugar crumble on top.
Respected Contributor

There are MANY great recipes from here. I really enjoy reading them and trying new things. Some awesome ones are:

Chickenbutts turkey chilli

Ladybugs- Eggnog Winter cake and tipsy balls

pineapple fruitcake

Cherry chocolate chip fruitcake

sweet tater biscuits

Aunt Berties potatoes

THAT banana bread is incredible- is it from ties?

Auntnette also had some great ones

barbarainnc's mug cakes

someone posted a recipe for pork chops with kraut and apples in a slow cooker. It is used often here.

forest wolf always puts one good ones on too.

I can not just list one. I thank everyone that takes time to post their recipes.

doxie