Honored Contributor

Re: Favorite recipe from this board?

On 12/12/2014 HonnyBrown said:

Bumpy Chicken!

Hey thanks. It is kind of like I won an award!!

I am having a friend over for dinner next week and that is on the menu.

Frequent Contributor

On 12/14/2014 pink dogwood said:

I found one years ago by a gentleman 'chef' who posted one for tilapia that takes minutes to prep and minutes to bake in the oven. I make it a LOT - love it!

Pink Dogwood,

If you love Tilapia baked in the oven, you should try it steamed in the microwave. Using a microwave steamer, available at shops like Kitchen Collection, for less than $10.00, place a couple tbsp of water in the bottom, add your fillets to the next level and sprinkle them with lime or lemon juice. Then add some Penzeys Ozark seasoning and I also like using some garlic powder and some powdered ginger...but Mrs Camo prefers just Ozark seasoning on hers.

Cover with vented top open about 1/4 way, and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes depending on strength of microwave. It should be white and flaky. Add a little homemade tartar sauce and your all set. Serve with mashed potatoes, stewed tomatoes and green beans or just make a simple fish sandwich. Fast, easy and delicious! I even bought a second microwave steamer so I can do 4 fillets at the same time.

Mrs Camo prepares sides on stove-top while I nuke the fillets.

Enjoy!

Camo

Honored Contributor

Mine would be the Cold Chocolate Snack Cake from Lola. I am not much of a baker but love that cake!

Regular Contributor

The chicken ball and muffuletta dip recipes posted by ForrestWolf AND Carol1229's White Chocolate popcorn. All are my go-to snack recipes particularly this time of year. Many others, but these get the most request for the recipe. Love this Board. Merry Christmas, All. Cece
Valued Contributor

Interesting posts. Makes me want to go back and find them. Need to check them out.

Honored Contributor

This is great, but I can't find the Bumpy Chicken.

I liked Aunt Bertie's Potatoes.

Honored Contributor

found it.

Valued Contributor

Oh Pretty Please.................if you can...............post the recipe too. I can't locate bumpy chicken in the search.

I LOVE this thread and look forward to seeing what everyone shares as their favorite. PLEASE if you can, post the recipe too. TIA {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Honored Contributor

Omgosh! Too numerous to remember all of them. The cream puff cake is surely a favorite, but there were so many others. This is the first place I turn to for cooking/food advice. I know some of the posters are quick to say "Google it!", which I also do, but there's nothing like this forum to get immediate feedback from people I trust.

Thanks everyone!

~ house cat ~
Occasional Contributor

Aunt Bertie's Scalloped Potatoes.