Esteemed Contributor

Favorite Way To Eat/Use Fresh Sweet Corn?

Of course, roasted or steamed on the cob w/butter & a little salt is great.

We  like corn chowder and one of my favorites, corn fritters w/a little maple syrup for dipping. My sister and I always got an order of corn fritters if a restaurant had them.

I saw a local farm has corn ready at their farm stand.  This farm is beautiful. In the spring they have fields of tulips, this year I thibk it was 400,000 tulips.  Now they have acres and acres of sunflowers. People do photo sessions there among the sunflowers. You can get flowers at their farm stand too.  A great place and nice folks.

What is your favorite way to eat/use fresh corn?

Honored Contributor

Re: Favorite Way To Eat/Use Fresh Sweet Corn?

I use my instant pot to cook corn fast--takes 2 minutes. Then I cut it off the cob and saute it----and use it in salads or soups , but mostly we just inhale it off the cob with butter and even kewpie mayo.I tried cooking it in my airfryer and it wasn't the best.

Esteemed Contributor

Corn  custard . The receipe I have is similiar to that used to make  rice pudding.

I use eggs, half/half, sugar, butter, fresh or frozen corn , vanilla, nutmeg ,

Honored Contributor

Love the Corn Chowder recipe from High Carb Hannah....oh, so, yummy!

Esteemed Contributor

Mainly just cook fresh corn on the cob on grill or nuke it, slather with butter. Salt and pepper.

I do make a corn salad with corn, jalapeños cilantro, fresh tomatoes and a salsa dressing. Good as a side dish or even just gobbled up with tortilla chips and a margarita. Smiley Happy
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

We microwave the ears with the shucks on.  Easy.

Honored Contributor

We like it grilled with or without the shucks.  Also, when I boil it on the cob I add milk to the water.  It makes it very tasty and tender.  I dont put a specific amount of milk in as it varies to how much water & how many cobs you are boiling at the time.  I usually do 4 at a time cover with water and add 1 cup of milk.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

@kate2357 wrote:
Mainly just cook fresh corn on the cob on grill or nuke it, slather with butter. Salt and pepper.

I do make a corn salad with corn, jalapeños cilantro, fresh tomatoes and a salsa dressing. Good as a side dish or even just gobbled up with tortilla chips and a margarita. Smiley Happy

@kate2357 Your salad sounds wonderful!   Perfect with a margarita!

Honored Contributor

We grill a lot and prefer corn roasted on the grill.

We also like creamed corn, except I prefer not to have the extra calories.

Respected Contributor

I love corn and like to get a bushel every summer. Not sure I have a favorite way to eat fresh corn but, in the summertime when my diet consists mostly of cold salads, I like to just remove it from the cob and put it raw on top of a salad. I prefer the silver queen, so sweet and tender. I do love corn pudding in the fall and winter, love corn fritters. I got a kernel cutter from Pampered Chef; I am such a klutz when it comes to cutting the kernels off with a knife. This tool is the best thing I've purchased for meal prep in a long time, the easiest thing I've ever used to cut off the kernels.