Valued Contributor

Re: Favorite Low Carb meals, What do you eat???

On 2/1/2015 Zhills said:

Broccoli salad would work also.

do you have a special recipe you use? I have looked at a few but as of yet, not tried any of them. TIA

Contributor

On 2/3/2015 javamt said: Cauliflower risotto with sautéed mushrooms! Mmm Another tip that I just learned a year in(and 70 pounds lighter)rye bread is low carb!

How do you make this?

Honored Contributor

Mashed califlower, cook diced cali well, puree or mash like potatoes, add cheese and sour cream or what ever you would for mashed potatoes, mmmm

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Contributor

On 1/29/2015 cosmic1 said:

For breakfast, I always have a breakfast quiche that I make on the weekend and divvy up into 5 servings. All I have to do each morning is heat up in the microwave. I also found a recipe for a pumpkin breakfast bake that I tried last week. I'm going to include that into the rotation.

For lunch, I like those Mission low carb wraps and whatever I want to fill them.

Dinner can be anything low carb - this week, I am doing pork and sauerkraut, sometimes I make a casserole (www.genaw.com has a lot of good recipes) and sometimes a vat of soup. It just depends on what I want to eat.

I never eat snacks anymore because I'm simply not hungry between meals.

Would you please post the pumpkin breakfast bake recipe? Thanks!

Contributor

On 2/3/2015 I am still oxox said:

Mashed califlower, cook diced cali well, puree or mash like potatoes, add cheese and sour cream or what ever you would for mashed potatoes, mmmm

Thanks & congrats on your 70 pounds! Way to go!

Valued Contributor

On 2/3/2015 kittykatmom2 said:
On 2/3/2015 javamt said: Cauliflower risotto with sautéed mushrooms! Mmm Another tip that I just learned a year in(and 70 pounds lighter)rye bread is low carb!

How do you make this?

I am not one of those...""just goggle it"" types as I enjoy hearing from others about their experiences with recipes and if/what they have subbed. I did find this recipe and adding it to my low carb folder for future use...HTH

http://www.foodiefiasco.com/cauliflower-risotto-with-roasted-mushrooms/

Regular Contributor

Love all these ideas...

Valued Contributor

On 2/3/2015 gkelly5744 said:
On 2/1/2015 Zhills said:

Broccoli salad would work also.

do you have a special recipe you use? I have looked at a few but as of yet, not tried any of them. TIA

To answer myself, I found this LC Broc salad and going to try it. I looked at another one that used less sugar & subbed currants for raisins but I liked this one better!

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/broccoli_salad.html