Esteemed Contributor

Re: Farmer Johns virtually hulless popcorn.

We like this popcorn. It's the only kind I can eat. Is it completely hulless--no but that depends on your microwave setting. It's the best that I have found. My husband is a popcorn fanatic and he likes the extreme butter or extra butter. I prefer the kettle corn. I also notice that the smell isn't as bad with this popcorn brand as others. 

I first purchased the variety kit so we could try all the flavors. Then I cam back and ordered just our favorites. It keeps great in a lock &lock container. 

Respected Contributor

I gave up on regular popcorn , I think it is a very bad thing for gums and teeth. I started purchasing Poppables at the store , so much the taste of popcorn without the problems . I am in AWW of this product. So in my opinion stay away from popcorn.

Honored Contributor

Buy some lunch size paper bags, add some popcorn kernel, a splash of olive oil ,fold top over twice ,put in microwave.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

Ordered.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

none that says hull less has ever been that i have tried!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Farmer Johns virtually hulled popcorn

I have tried two of the flavors.  Nothing special about them.  I cancelled the auto-delivery.  I won't be buying this again.

Respected Contributor

I’ve been happy with this popcorn.  It doesn’t have many hulls, IMO.  The very best was Heuermann’s from many years ago, then Popcorn Pete’s which is no longer in business, I believe, and now Farmer John’s.  I have also purchased Amish Country, which I like, but I don’t believe that they claim to be virtually hulless. 

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

Yep, virtually...I’d say 99% hullles. I like it. I don’t eat it all the time but when the craving hits, I pop a bag!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

OP, I agree with the previous posters. The popcorn is a winner. We always get a fully popped bag and very few unpopped kernels. We love all the flavors. I’ve given some mini bags to a couple of my co-workers and they enjoyed it.

Hubby & I are always confused when folks give this item bad reviews bc they think the Farmer Jon rep has been dishonest. He never says that it’s 100% hulless.

Trusted Contributor

if you keep the unpopped and unopened bags in the freezer, they will pop better and without as many hulls no matter what the brand