Trusted Contributor

Farmer Johns virtually hulless popcorn.

[ Edited ]

My brother loves popcorn.  

But, he’s  a lazy guy and just buys any brand of packaged microwaveable popcorn from the supermarket.

Today, ITKWD has an offering of a variety set (21 bags).   For those of you who eat this brand, how is the taste, and  is it really hulless?  He will soon have a full set of dentures due to bad teeth, and I want to gift him some qourmet popcorn for him to enjoy.

Respected Contributor

Re: Farmer Johns virtually hulless popcorn.

No.

Esteemed Contributor

Really hulless - No

Just my opinion - ordered 2 flavors - threw them in the trash

But apparently some people like it

Honored Contributor

Re: Farmer Johns virtually hulled popcorn

I don't think it's possible for any popcorn to be 100% hulless but Farmer Jon's is pretty close.  I keep it on hand and really enjoy it from time to time.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

As @Kachina624 said, nothing is 100%  hulless.  But, it's darn close and imo much better tasting than the supermarket ones.

Honored Contributor

I love Farmer Johns popcorn.  I buy and give away the already popped bags.

I've also given away the small unpopped bags too.  As far as I know the recipient's liked them.  No one ever came back and complained (come to think of it they never said anything one way or another).

Honored Contributor

I totally agree with @Kachina624  they are pretty close to hulless.  There are always a few unpopped kernels.

Honored Contributor

i buy he farmer jons popcorn is as close to hulless as you can get.

i do like it a lot but i purchase the popcorn itself, not the microwave popcorn.

i pop it in a microwave using a glass container that i purchased on qvc about two years ago.

popcorn.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

It's not claimed to be hulless, but virtually hulless. Virtually means almost. The hull is thinner and shatters more completely. There's more popcorn in each bag, the popped kernels are huge, I love the flavor, and have been on auto delivery for the light butter flavor. I don't think your brother will be disappointed.

Honored Contributor

didn't care for mine. Hard corn and still spit LOL