Honored Contributor

I remember those being kinda "hot" crafty items in one of the sewing groups I was in a few years ago.  However, I also remember there being warnings about making sure not to use certain materials because it seems some people like to stick the cozy along with the bowl into the microwave and if there is any polyester in the materials, including the thread used, it could melt or start a fire.  100% Cotton is best.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I'm too messy.  They aren't for me because I would drop soup on them.  Don't get so much soup that it get's cold is my motto! Woman Very Happy

@Sooner 

Emoji Laughing GIFs | Tenor

Esteemed Contributor

These have been around for quite awhile.  If I heat up a bowl of soup in the microwave, I just use a potholder or a silicone trivette.  I use them because the bowl is hot....not because I want to keep the contents hot.  Besides, I have a small overflowing kitchen with not much storage so this would just be something else I'd have to find room for.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

How about a mug? 

Honored Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain I do the same thing, grab a pot holder.  I also do that with ice cream containers since I don't bother with a bowl for that.