Honored Contributor

Re: Family of 4 - hearty eaters best product : Instant pot or crockpot ?

@ptagirl: I will probably purchase the IP after the new year. Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@willdob3: I totally understand and agree. They don’t know how to manage money plus can’t afford to eat out all the time but kids always complain about being hungry. Mother’s excuse no time to cook. DH wants me to offer suggestions and help but listening to me and doing are something else. Southern Bee 

@SouthernBee

I know so many others that are the same way. They rather just go thru the drive-thru. It's fast it's easy with no cooking or clean up involved.

Several years back when we replaced our AC the guy asked me if I would show his wife how to clean house. LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@momtochloe: I have the Cuisinart PC but interested in the IP but running out of storage space for my kitchen toys. I have two crockpots but basically use them to keep food hot for holiday meals. The Cuisinart PC top has become difficult to lock in place but I use it twice a week but wondering if I would use the IP more. I still need to purchase a few more Christmas gifts. I told DH that I wanted a set of ceramic cookware as my gift. Southern Bee 

@SouthernBee  Yes.  We had the Cuisinart PC and the same problem.  It was very difficult to lock down.  You'd think you had it, then later find out it wasn't working.

We have had a 6 qt and a 3 qt IP for a year now and NO problems at all.  They are easy to lock and a pleasure to use.  We use them all the time.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz: LOL! I have had similar experiences. Almost two years ago had a construction group while adding a garage to our house, smelled my soup cooking . They came in the kitchen and took pictures of me cooking to send to their wives. They wanted the recipe. I use a quad walking cane and they were shocked that I was cooking and cleaning house. I now have some one that comes once a week to clean but it still takes great effort to keep the house up. Sometimes now I have to use my walker while cooking. I am determine to keep going and doing. If I can do this others should have no excuse. My house is not a show place but neat and clean. I always enjoy reading your post. Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner: I love my Cuisinart PC and of course the problems started after the warranty expired. I take good care of my kitchen toys but also have a couple of small scratches on the cooking pot. Also for a few times, after the pressure started for a couple of minutes it would switch to keep warm. I was thinking instead of getting a replacement pot to just purchase the IP. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the IP and enjoy cooking. I always read your post and appreciate your thoughts and suggestions.Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee  Well thank you for your kind words!

Abouto the Instant Pot:  There are two of us and we use the small 3 qt a lot. Actually more than the big one I think.  We do hard boiled eggs, make quick soups, cook chicken pieces, steam veggies (especially squash).  

We also do pork tenderloins in the little one a lot. I'll brown them, put in maybe some mushrooms something around them, some veggies on top like green beans or squash.  I get the packages with 2 small tenderloins and cut them in half in the middle to fit the in the little pot to brown.

We have the plastic lid for it and it's easy to store leftovers.  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner: Thanks for the wonderful ideas. Making me hungry. I just received a $50 Walmart gift card and need to see if they still have the IP for $79, but I keep thinking might need it for more gifts. Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner: Just checked Walmart. 

IP lux60V3 6 qt $59.95

Lux60V3  6qt.  $79 both in stock with free 2 day shipping. 

Step away from shopping cart and press order?!! Need to go check my gifts for DH. Southern Bee