Esteemed Contributor

Fall Dessert Preference, Apple or Pumpkin?

There is a definite hint of fall today. Cool, clear and a great breeze. It got me thinking of fall cooking and desserts.

If we want something sweet in the fall I usually go pumpkin first, apple is second.

I hate making pies even though I'm told I make agood pie crust. I hate making them.

My choices, pumpkin custard baked in individual ramekins w/a dollop of real whipped cream, pumpkin bars w/cream cheese frosting. pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin roll.  Then apple crisp, baked apples, flat apple pie (Pioneer Woman, I cheat with Pillsbury crust).

I am not a lover of apple pie but loves apple dumplings. It's nuts I know, it is the same darn thing in a different form.

What is your fall flavor of choice?

Respected Contributor

Re: Fall Dessert Preference, Apple or Pumpkin?

@CrazyKittyLvr2  Really hard to pick a favorite between apple and pumpkin!  Fall is my favorite time of year and I love everything about it; from the cool, crisp weather to baking and cooking.  Honestly, put either pie in front of me and I'm all in!  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

That is a tough one, I love both. Apple pie is a lot of work, and I usually make one when the weather gets cool.  Pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2   My first choice is pumpkin toppedwith a dollop of real whipped cream.  Warm apple pie also topped with real whipped cream and/or a wedge of extra sharp cheddar cheese on the side, the cheese being a New England custom, introduced to me by my beloved Connecticut Yankee father.

Darn, now I want pie, and I don't feel like making it today.  Already have other things to do.  Maybe the supermarket has Entemann's pumpkin spiced donuts out already.  Might just send Significant Other to walk around the block to Harris Teeters to check when he finishes his nap!  (He's an early riser--was up at 4!)

aroc3435

Esteemed Contributor

I forgot pumpkin trifle. Easy and looks pretty. Either 1 large one or smaller ones.

One year for Thanksgiving when I had the whole family I bought small plastic glasses and make individual trifles in different flavors.

I made pumpkin, apple, lemon and chocolate.

There were a lot of kids.  They thought getting their own dessert was neat.

Esteemed Contributor

For me, it's never "or"—it's always "and"! These are flavors I love year round...  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Pumpkin from Costco.

Honored Contributor

I adore both so please don't make me choose.  I'll take a small slice of each.  I like a strudel topping with chopped pecans on my pumpkin pie.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  Apple dumplings, pie, cobbler or cake, count me in!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I will say APPLE although I like both.  But, there are more Apple items I enjoy.....Apple Crisp, Apple Pie, Apple Turnovers, Apple-Cider Doughnuts, Apple Fritters, Apple Bars......Hot Apple Cider.....bring on the 🍎🍎🍎.