Honored Contributor

o/t Bought Lorena Garcia's TS cookware set and I love it. Cleans up so quickly and so far hasn't stained even though I made pasta sauce. This grill/griddle is too large for my needs.

Honored Contributor
On 5/23/2014 lacey1 said:

I've got many items from China. Who doesn't. My 'issues' are that the last Curtis Stone TSV chopper was a real piece of garbage. Check out the reviews for item # 236-149, IMO, his reputation, based on that- has been severely tarnished. Anyone thinking about this grill, should consider his previous products.

They are two entirely different products, so I don't know how you'd come up with the "if one is no good, the other must also be bad" logic there. If you really want to go the comparison route, he also has a lot of other items, (also entirely different, but that doesn't seem to bother you) that are highly rated, like 315-075, 166-250, 166-406, 166-280, 315-038, and 319-883. You chose to go with the one item that had 3 stars and base your entire decision about his line's quality on that. Leaving out those reviews and choosing the one faulty item is disingenuous.

Honored Contributor

I wonder how he's managing this! I just turned on 'The Chew' (which is in NY) and he's on there today, too. Maybe they pre-record the Friday shows (?).

No interest in the item, though.

Trusted Contributor
On 5/23/2014 ChynnaBlue said:
On 5/23/2014 lacey1 said:

I've got many items from China. Who doesn't. My 'issues' are that the last Curtis Stone TSV chopper was a real piece of garbage. Check out the reviews for item # 236-149, IMO, his reputation, based on that- has been severely tarnished. Anyone thinking about this grill, should consider his previous products.

They are two entirely different products, so I don't know how you'd come up with the "if one is no good, the other must also be bad" logic there. If you really want to go the comparison route, he also has a lot of other items, (also entirely different, but that doesn't seem to bother you) that are highly rated, like 315-075, 166-250, 166-406, 166-280, 315-038, and 319-883. You chose to go with the one item that had 3 stars and base your entire decision about his line's quality on that. Leaving out those reviews and choosing the one faulty item is disingenuous.

It's about his reputation. What's the difference if he's selling Widgets or Whatamacallits? IMO, he knew that Chop-Chop was Junk-Junk, and he put his name on it, anyway. Once bitten-twice shy. Hey, if you want to buy his 'line', go ahead. No one is stopping you.